Chapter 13

Hey lovelies... this chapter was a toughie! Base yourself. Mentions of abuse, non consensual sexual intercourse and torture.

Harry continues to hold Louis close to his body as he sobs in relief. His parents are alive. They've always been alive and they're safe. Louis saved them. Saved them before they had ever even met.

Louis can feel his mates body shudder against his as they hold each other closely. This is a moment Louis will never forget, it's a moment of complete comfort and acceptance. Something Louis hasn't felt for a long time. Although he and his father was closely bonded, he became distant when his mother died. He would lock himself away, he had once told Louis it hurt too much to look at him. Louis knew he looked a lot like his mother... he just never knew it would grow to be a negative. 

Pulling back when he realises Harry's cries had finally come to a stop they both share a small moment of gratitude as they look at one another before Louis pulls back completely and sits beside him.

"Alpha... I think we should include Saffi and Jasper in this conversation" Lumi draws his attention, quickly looking at her sat beside Athena their hands carefully holding each other's. He nods in agreement before mind-linking them.

The room is in complete silence as they wait for their  friends to join them. Louis looks to Athena seeing her blush as she looks at her intertwined hand. He smiles a small smile

Things will be okay Lou. We're safe now

I think you might be right

The door opening draws everyone's attention to Saffi and Jasper entering the room. Lumi wastes no time in getting them up to speed with everything that's been said. Louis watches as their faces go from angered at the mention of Harry's parents, to shocked at the mention Louis was there, to relieved when she finally recounts that he and Athena had saved them.

"But how do you know they are still alive? All these years they've been with your aunt" Saffi asks almost hesitantly

"I spelled a bond. I would know if they were hurt or died... I would have felt it" Athena's quiet voice speaks up

"That's a powerful spell for someone who hasn't practiced magic"

Athena shrinks under the questioning while Louis schools his features. "Well at the time she had been practicing magic daily. She's a powerful witch... she was banned after that night"

He looks to Harry to ensure he knows the sacrifice she paid "she gave up a piece of herself to save your parents and the other two. My uncle found out magic had been involved with their disappearance. He knew Athena was my right hand woman... he got some witches to cast a blocking spell on a collar"

He shares a look with Athena making she would be okay with him sharing so much, at the small timid nod he continues "my uncle placed the collar around her neck and forced her to wear it. He said everyone should see her shame and know how weak she is. If she even tried to use magic it would burn so horrifically... she got to the point after the years she's now afraid to use extreme spells"

"They fucking collared her like a dog?" Lumi snarls as she stands up her teeth sharp, her nails turned to claws and her eyes the darkest Louis had ever seen. Her growls rumble through the room as she stands in her place.

"Lumi... calm down... we need to know more and can't have you reacting like this. We'll make them pay... every single one of them that wronged our mates... they'll burn" Louis's head shoots round so fast he thought he'd break his neck. Hearing the tone and seeing the deathly look on his mates face, he knew he was telling the truth. And weirdly he liked it. He felt protected. Safe. Cared for.