Chapter 10

Afterwards, I try to walk straight to the bathroom, with a smile on my face. A moment later, I have Emma following me, she drags me into her room, and shuts the door. "What the heck Emily? Where's Sam? Weren't you out somewhere with him? And who the heck's this guy? Your other boyfriend or something? Why is he in the house?!" Emma shouts at me. "And for goodness sake Emily, wipe that ridiculous smile from your face!" She yells louder.
"Shhhhh!" I retort. "He'll hear you!" I add.
"Whatever Emily, just keep talking," she tells me in a demanding manner. What am I supposed to tell her? I don't even know what's happening myself. I end up explaining from the beginning, I tell her about how Sam took me to the party, how we talked, how we had dinner, how we danced, and then I told her about Thomas. The way he asked me to dance with him, asked for my number, his tire, and everything in between.

By the time I'm done explaining every detail, it's nearly 12.00am. "So.....what your saying is that your boyfriend broke up with you, Thomas likes you, and now you're both like, a thing?"
"No! We're not a "thing," we're just friends!" I clarify. "Hmm, your back with the, 'we're just friends thing,'" she quotes annoyingly. "Okay, yeah, whatever, goodnight Emily," she says after a few exchanges. "Night," I reply.  I walk out of her room, and into the living room. I see Thomas sleeping peacefully on the couch, he doesn't have a blanket though, so I quietly tip-toe to the linen closet, and grab one. I walk back to the living room, and lay the blanket on top of Thomas neatly. He starts to shuffle slightly, and his eyes flutter open. For a minute he just looks at me with his sleepily gaze, "Thank you," he says after a moment. He smiles, and falls back to sleep, less than a second later. I watch him for a second, seeing him sleep gives me peace, I walk to my room, peek my head out around the corner, and watch him for another minute. As soon as I get to my room, I throw on my pajamas, wipe my makeup off, and jump into bed, the vision of Thomas sleeping, still glued to my mind. I easily fall asleep that night, the first time I have since coming here.

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of Thomas's rough British accent. "So, how did you learn to cook like this?" I hear Emma ask, a minute later. What are they talking about? I get out of bed, slip on my robe, and side into my sippers. As I walk out of my room, and into the kitchen, I hear Thomas respond. "Well, I'm not exactly sure, to be honest," he laughs lightly. I walk all the way through the hallways, and silently slip into the kitchen. "Good morning," Thomas, flashes me with a bright smile, well holding a spatula. "Good morning," I reply. "Are you cooking breakfast?" I ask him.
"Well, yes I am. Sorry I didn't ask first, but it sounded like you were sleeping so peacefully. It would have been rude of me to disturb you," he looks at me apologetically. I'm so shocked, I can't even say anything. He's cooking me breakfast. Thomas Brodie-Sangster is cooking me breakfast. What has my world come to? No one has ever cooked me breakfast before, why is he so kind? "Oh, no problem. That's super nice of you," I grin at him.
"Well, I can't take all the credit. I did ask Emma,here, what your favorite breakfast meal was. Awww, can he get any sweeter? I walk closer to him, and that's when I see what he's making. He's making blueberry crepes with chocolate spread, a fruit salad, and he also has donuts! "Thomas! Awww you did all of this?" I shout in awe. "Yup, do you like it? I wasn't sure. This morning, I walked to a donut shop that's a half mile away, but then I thought donuts wouldn't be enough, and so I asked Emma what you liked, and here we are," he winks at me. I smile at both him, and Emma.

"Breakfast is ready!" He calls out. I watch Thomas as he gets out three plates, forks, and places even portions of food on each plate. As he places each plate around the dining room, he pulls out one of the chairs, and tells me to sit. Shortly after, Emma joins me as well, we're waiting for Thomas to sit down, when we hear the doorbell ring. I start to get up from my chair, but Thomas says, "I'll get it, no worries."
He opens that door, but doesn't say anything, so I get up, and walk towards him. "Thomas, who's at the doo-," I start, but don't finish.
"S-am, what are you doing here?" I stutter. Thomas looks from me, to Sam, and then back at me. I look straight at Sam, awkwardly. "Sam, I-,"
"What Emily? I came here to apologize, and I come to find Thomas here? Did you guys really connect that much in a matter of ten minutes? I should have knew something was up, when I saw him take  you into the quiet, dark hallway. Bye, Emily, have a good day." Then he left, without another word. Why is Sam so mad? He didn't even let me explain, and why does he care so much anyway? Plus, I was trying to be nice to Thomas, it's not like I go, and invite random strangers into my home on a daily basis. Thomas shuts the door quietly, places his hand on my back, and guides me back to the table. The rest of breakfast, is quite. No one says anything about Sam, we just eat, and exchange a few uncomfortable glances. And that's how the rest of the morning goes.