Chapter 13

"Sam, I'm sorry, but I really need to go," I tell him, and run to my car. "Emily! Wait! You can't just go!" He calls, running after me.
"I'm sorry Sam, but this is urgent," I lie. I don't know why I'm rushing so much, it's not like I can't just tell Thomas I'm not free at the moment. But....for some reason.....I kinda want to see him, even though I saw him this morning it feels like I haven't seen him for years. "Emily, please stay," Sam finally reaches me, and grabs my wrist before I'm able to slip into my car. "I really wish I could Sam, but I have to head home right now, maybe you can stop by later, or something," I suggest. He just sighs, in response, still grasping my wrist. "But Emily! What about everything? What about the kis-?" I already know what he's going to say, but it's too late for him to finish. I've already broken away from his grasp, and buckled into my seat. I wave at him awkwardly, and all he does is wave back. He's still standing on the side of the street, when I drive away, and I bet he was still there long after I left.

I'm twenty minutes away from my house, when I notice my hair is a mess. I told Thomas I would be there in less than half an hour, but it may take longer. I pull over to the side of the road, and reach into the glove compartment we're I always keep an extra hairbrush. I debate what to do with my hair, it was in a bun, but I think now I'll just wear it down. After I'm done with my hair dilemma, I continue driving down the road as fast as I can.

Once I reach the street of my rental home, I see Thomas already standing there patiently. While I'm parking, Thomas finally notices me, and turns around. As soon as I'm out of the car, he pulls me into a tight hug, then, I see Emma in the window giving me a big thumbs up sign. I just roll my eyes at her, and silently mouth for her to leave. Thomas let's go of me, a moment later, and I walk him into the house. "Would you like any tea, Thomas?" I ask him after he's settled onto the couch. "Oh, that would be lovely, but are you sure you don't want me to do it? I totally can, it's no problem at all," he starts to get up from the couch, and walks towards me. "Thank you, but you're the guest of honor, so have a seat," I tell him.

I finish making tea for Thomas, and I about ten minutes later, then I decided to make some mini sandwiches. After I'm all done, I sit down next to Thomas on the couch, and hand him his tea. I place the tray of small sandwiches on the coffee table, where they are accessible for the both of us. "Thank you!" Thomas says, and then smiles. "Oh, of course! No problem!" I reply cheerfully. "Your hair looks beautiful today," Thomas tells me a few minutes later, breaking the silence. He grins at me nervously. I don't know what to say, or think, or feel. A million different emotions are going through my body all at once, and I'll I'm able to say is, "Aww, thank you, that's very sweet!" Without saying anything, Thomas places his tea down on the table, and places his hands around me. I feel his warm embrace, and smell his sweet, rosemary scented cologne. We stay still together, for a few moments, but then slowly Thomas starts to pull away. Centimeters of space, soon turn into inches between us. Without thinking, I close the space between us once again, and press my lips to his.

We only stay like that for a second though, before Emma comes charging into the living room, "Emily, I need to talk to you, right now, it's extremely important!" She announces. Thomas, and I pull away from each other relentlessly, and I look at her with a somewhat annoyed look. Before I can even respond, she grabs my wrist and pulls me away into her room. "Hey! What was that for?" I ask her demandingly after she locks me into her room. "Emily, I need to tell you something. I can't keep it a secret anymore, but I think you might need to sit down first," she tells me, and motions for me to sit down on her sofa. "Okay?" I ask puzzling.
"Just.....don't get mad, alright?" She asks me worryingly. "K," I responded blandly.
"I saw what just happened out there, and I wanted to make sure to tell you before it was to late," she starts off slowly. I just nod along to show her I'm listening. "It's just......it's just........it's-." I interrupt her before she can continue. "It's just, what Emma?" I shout a bit to loudly. "It's just-I think I'm in love with your boyfriend..." she whispers gently.
"Emma, what in the world are you even talking about? First of all I don't even have a boyfriend-." She cuts me off. "I'm in love with Thomas."