Drinking it off

CASSIE’S POV
The ride back home is quiet. This time I sit in the back and let my mind drift off. I have to go back to Nottingham I guess.
There is nothing left for me in London. I might as well go surrender to the police.

Even if I tell them that I killed him in self-defense they won’t believe me because I ran away. I wonder what life in jail would be like. Being away from all the drama.
But what about Darian. I don’t know how am going to explain to him that our own father denied us.

“Cassie, we are here.” Sage informs me. I was so lost in thought I didn’t even realize that we’ve arrived.

I quickly get out of the car without a word and make my way towards the bedroom. I change my clothes into sweatpants and a tank top. 
I thought I would cry after all this but my heart seems too heavy the tears can’t even come out. I wanna scream at the whole world till my dad accepts that am his daughter but it’s impossible

I make my way to the living room maybe I could watch some TV and forget it all. The house is very quiet. I wonder where Monty and Sage have gone. I could care less right now.

I walk into the kitchen first for a snack but my attention is drawn to the bar. The last time I drank alcohol I got so wasted that I spilled some dark secrets about my friend and she never forgave me.

I thought I would never drink again but today is my lucky day. I wanna get drunk. I walk over to the bar carefully. The guys aren’t here so I should just drink my heart out right. Am surprised to see the brands of liquor they have. Strange that I haven’t seen any of the guys drinking before. I start off with some tequila shots.
I feel amazing once it hits my tongue. I really missed the taste of liquor. I play some music while I drink. I sing along to LIFE’S A MESS by Juice WRLD although it’s mostly slurring than singing. I mix whatever liquor I can find the gulp it down briskly.

It tastes so bad but I still want more. I carry one bottle of Jack Daniels to the living room. I blast the music so loud while I drink away my misery. I hear the door open but am too wasted to see who it is.

“Cassie what the f***.” I hear Monty say.

I know I look like hell. Behind him comes Xander and the rest of the guys. I recognize them though I see them in a blur. Monty tries to take away my bottle of liquor but I glare at him.

“whe...where have you guys been?” I slur.

Monty attempts to carry me out of the living room but am too reluctant.

“I wanna tell you guys something.” I blabber
“Cassie just come with me.” Monty argues.

“Noo. You sit down I have a story for you.” I say angrily.
I stagger towards Monty but eventually he sits down and so do the guys. What more do I have to hide since I will be going away soon I might as well tell them about my life.

“Am a murderer.” I start “I killed my uncle Simon, that son of a bitch tried to rape so I killed him.” I slur on my words but am sure they heard me properly “ I stabbed him in the chest pretty bad, I sent him to hell.
He was abusive, sometimes I think he deserved to die” I continue. The guys don’t say anything they just look at me listening attentively “I ran away from Nottingham leaving my baby bro with my aunt, came here to find my dad and then that creature denies me just like that.
He was never there for 16 years of my life and now he denies being my father.” I laugh at myself.  The guys must think that am crazy right now.
“this isn’t me.” I continue pointing at myself.

“I’ve never had black hair I just tinted it, am a blonde. My eyes aren’t blue as you thought, they are hazel.” I say “so there you have it my messed up life. You might as well take me and hand me over to the police cause they are already looking for me so let’s save them the trouble.” I say then take a big gulp from my bottle again.
“that’s enough liquor for you today.” Monty says coming over to snatch the bottle away from me. this time I don’t argue.

Then my vision comes blurrier. All I see is black afterwards

“Cassie.” Those are the last words I hear from Monty.
Am I dead?