2. Faith

Author: What's one of your favourite sayings. Created by you.

Hope: It's not a burden to make friends, it's a burden to try and keep them even when they don't want to keep you.

~Hope Manchester.

••

DISCLAIMER: This isn't Hope. Expect mild swearing, frequent mood swings, and so-called unnecessary anger from Faith.

••

Mornings suck.

I thought as the bright light shone on me through my curtains. I glared at the light material, it wasn't even doing its job.

I muttered curses as I peeled my blankets off of me. This morning couldn't get any worse. But the moment I used my clenched hands to sit upon the bed, I was proven wrong.

"Ouch!" I hissed and pulled my right hand away from the bed quickly to see my bruised knuckles. A reminder of yesterday.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance when I remembered that ginger irritation. He was even more irritating than all my three brothers combined. I looked at my fist, studying my almost purple knuckles. They hurt badly, I would have to run water over them since I didn't want my brothers to know I had punched a guy.

They would tell Mum and she would start nagging even more than usual.

I sighed and lifted my right arm, carefully attempting to get up from my bed with no hassle. I had not regretted punching him. Damn the way that smug look on his face was replaced with pain and surprise was amusing and satisfying.

Although the satisfaction I had gotten from punching him had worn off when I saw a girl watching me. I didn't even have time to walk up to her before she ran off.

The only thing I knew was she had dark brown hair and pale skin. That was all. After that, I was too busy watching the wuss threaten to call the cops on me for assault. After I had snapped at him for sexual harassment he had shut up, held his jaw while still wincing in pain and left.

But no, he couldn't just leave with all his dignity. He just had to curse at me one more time.

Men. I thought as I stood up from my bed and wore my flip flops.

Before I could leave my bed to attend to my hand the door flew open revealing my older brother, Aiden.

Aiden was just a year older than me, making him the youngest, me aside. We looked nothing alike, unlike me who looked more like Mom he was a carbon copy of our Dad. Golden brown hair, icy blue eyes and olive skin.

He was probably the most laid-back out of us four.

"Hey, Faith! Morning!" He grinned at me looking happier than any fellow should in the morning.

I looked at him oddly and slowly put my hand behind my back, blocking it from his view. "There's a thing called knocking, and there's absolutely nothing good about this morning, Aiden," I stared at him dryly as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants, a carefree smile on his face.

He shrugged and walked towards me. Aiden easily towered over me with his 5'11 figure which made me feel small with my 5'9. There wasn't much of a difference but he made it clear that I was the shorter one. And the shortest in the house.