15. Hope

Author: What's one unbearable thing? That you'd never forgive anyone for doing?

Faith: Letting me go.

~Faith Jennings.

••

As I walked out of my house I couldn't help but feel giddy. I pulled my sweater over my t-shirt and walked with a bounce in my step. My wild brown hair was loose, wild and free.

I had never felt so happy about something in so long. It was like I was lighting a flame that had been blown out ages ago.

She had replied! I hadn't expected her to, but she had. I wanted desperately to believe she hadn't. . . And I was being stupid. But I wasn't!

But I had never felt so happy in a long time. It was like I had been so lonely. I had all the company in the world but honestly, I had no one.

I was going there prepared for anything. She was Faith Jennings, you had to expect the unexpected.

She had sent me an address. Nothing else. It was the name of a street, I had realised. I hadn't gone somewhere in so long that this felt almost like an adventure!

And I couldn't wait.

I hailed a taxi, it was the first time I was going in one without knowing my destination. I guess my so-called fabulous life was filled with beauty pageants, movie nights and hangouts. Nothing out of proportion. But here I was running around trying to act like I was as cool as ice. I was dancing inside.

I looked out the window enjoying the view. I hadn't seen this part of town before and I stared in awe. Most of the houses looked old with bright red bricks and grey roofs. It was a repeat house after house but it looked beautiful.

I was going to college a few months from now and I hadn't been anywhere in my hometown. Literally.

When the car pulled over the grumpy driver had grumbled words that I considered incoherent. I pulled out the money from my wallet and handed it to him, making sure to give him a bulky tip.

I exited the taxi and watched it drive away. I smiled for completely no reason. I pocketed my wallet.

"You know, it's only insane people that smile for no reason," the sarcastic voice made my eyes widen. I turned to look at her.

She looked so carefree like she was home. I envied her wavy blonde hair as it looked so straight and tamed. Why couldn't my hair be like that? She wore a grey hoodie with black skinny jeans and a pair of Nike sports shoes. From her iPods she had plugged into her ears she was listening to music.

I smiled. "It's not. It's insane people that have no reason to smile at all," she looked at me sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

We had gone over this. No more asking where she had been, she wasn't going to tell me anyway.

I was just happy she was here.

I guess you could say I didn't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Sabrina was, for some reason, still upset with me. I didn't know why but Georgia wouldn't talk to me.