22. Faith

1/2

So this has not been proofread at all. If you find any mistake just comment it down and I'll be quick to fix it if I'm online!

WARNING; Mention of self-harm mentioned.

Author: Two things some that your friendship with Faith has taught you?

Hope: Well the first one is, if you live in fake you'll become living, breathing plastic. The only way to be alive is to be real. Experience pain, love, happiness, sadness. Because those emotions are privileges. Some people long to feel them.

Two, that not all secrets are kept to hurt and that not everything written in ink is true. Sometimes you have looked even deeper into a painting to tell the true meaning. The same thing about life. If you judge from the exterior you'll fail.

~Hope Manchester.

••

Getting up from bed today was not as big of a chore as it was before I came here. It wasn't as big as a burden meeting with Sam a few days after I last saw Hope.

It was not easy, but it was not as burdening. Things were never going to be easy, this I knew, being me was a burden enough.

The Skype call I was currently on with my mother made me realise that I craved to be normal for so long, it was practically impossible.

I could be normal over and over again but the truth would always be that nothing would change.

I still hated myself. That would never change.

Not as long as Melody was gone.

But unlike before I found reasons to live. I couldn't remember the last time I spoke to myself in the mirror and I had other things occupy me. I couldn't remember the last time I had taken my antidepressants because I had a breakdown from my depression.

Things were looking up for me.

As my Mom talked I listened to her, so did my brothers who were paying more attention than I was.

I was going to leave next week, I couldn't afford to come back. It would be risky. Not only to my parents but to my brothers and myself.

I needed to prove that I was innocent. I hated that my Mother had them investigate deeply into Melody's life, she had always hated when people meddled in her business.

I stared at my hands in defeat when I heard her voice once again.

"Faith, you have to respect the judge. Aside from that, you're going to have to tell her everything. If you miss one word or one incident, it could even be you dropping a pen, we would stand a chance of losing this." My mother spoke and I nodded having no energy left to reply to her.

Hugo softly massaged my back.

"Also," Vanessa, mother's attorney spoke up. "I think it's only wise that your brothers don't follow you back to New York. Your parents have spent so much covering up your whereabouts that it would all be thrown to the mud if people find out that you stayed together." Chase was about to protest but when I nodded he forcefully bit back his words.