12. Faith

SLIGHTLY MATURE CONTENT AHEAD

Author: A moment you'll never forget? No matter what?

Hope: The first day I stepped into high school, as a freshman. It was a new different feeling that made me feel special.

~Hope Manchester.

••

He wouldn't let go.

He pulled at my blonde hair struggling with me as I refused to let him take control. He wrapped his arms around my neck, slowly suffocating me.

I wasn't going to let that happen, not again. I rose my feet, kicking his family jewels.

"Shit!" He cursed and pushed me away. I held my neck trying to catch my breath as I looked at the door exit.

The exit to my own house.

The truth was, if I could run away today he would get me tomorrow. My parents did not care, my brothers were all away. It was just me and this monster.

He slowly stood up his eyes, murderous and I ran as quick as I could. Our house was a mansion size so getting out would not be easy.

I was practically limping, tears streaming down my face as I looked at the door. Like it was some god.

It was pointless in the end.

He caught up to me and grabbed a handful of my blonde hair in his hand then pulled it and I cried out in pain falling to the ground.

The impact wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. His hand snaked around my arm and I cringed, my tears falling faster now.

His touch made me feel unsafe, unwanted, lonely, worthless.

All I knew was I hated his touch. I hated feeling his skin against mine. I hated it all.

I guess this was where that had started.

I was weak until I learnt to take matters into my own hands I would always be weak.

"The world is not for the likes of you, Fay," he spat at me and I cried harder.

That was where it had all begun.

My beautiful nightmare.

••

I woke up from my regular nightmare, eyes still closed shut.

"She's okay. She just fainted she should be awake in a few minutes," I heard a voice say, it was faint, I tried opening my eyes but it was no use. I was short on breath.

"Are you sure? I mean, she did— oh my gosh. This is my fault! Dammit!" I heard someone curse and I suddenly felt myself moving.

I was in a car. That was moving.

All the red flags were giving me more reason to open my eyes. I needed to open my eyes.