9. Hope

Author: In your own words, what is change?

Faith: Well, a while back I didn't believe in it but thinking of it now I think it's the ability to cope with different situations no matter how hard it may seem at first.

••

"A high school reunion?" I questioned Jessica - unsure of what she had previously said.

Jessica nodded and sipped her smoothie. "Yeah, Betty Cooper's the one planning it, I mean she had a major glow up. From nerdy Betty, now she's okay. At least a six out of ten," Jessica replied, I knew Betty in high school, yes she wasn't as popular as her twin sister Maggy was but I found her pretty.

"Well yeah," Georgia replied in a duh tone. "Maggy's hot, and they are twins. It would be weird if she wasn't at least decent."

The way they openly judged Betty as if they were the perfect ones bugged me, I just decided not to say anything about it.

Sabrina looked up from her phone to add. "I also heard that a few people from the set before us are going to crash, I mean it may be a rumour but I heard it from someone that they wouldn't miss a free opportunity to see us again," just as I had mentally predicted Sabrina looked at me. "Is Garrett going to come? If he isn't I don't see any reason coming in the first place," she told me with a shrug and Liv's nose scrunched up.

Before I could reply Liv beat me to it. "You have no idea how you sound right now," like a slut, I was sure she wanted to say. "No wonder Garrett runs away from you, you don't have any courtesy at all," Sabrina glared at her, something told me if Liv didn't have such a perfect reputation in town Sabrina would have thrown a fist.

Liv and Sabrina were a match made in hell. If possible I would say they were incompatible.

Sabrina was one to keep her thoughts to herself while Liv was more real and wasn't scared one bit of her, much to Sabrina's disdain.

She ignored her. "Hope?" She turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

I felt so uncomfortable that I wasn't sure why I was here in the first place. Sabrina hadn't invited me—and she was practically the queen around here— Liv had because in her words; I don't give a shit if she's upset, besides we haven't hung out in ages!

Not that she was wrong though. Of the four Liv was probably the person I could easily hang out with, I only hung out with Sabrina when she was bored or was looking for a way to slip out of talking about business with her parents.

I sighed and tapped my fingers on the wooden table. I've always loved visiting Haley's there's just this at home vibe you can't get anywhere else. I wasn't sure if it was for their amazing coffee, killer smoothies or breathtaking snacks. It was just a place I could easily relax in.

"I don't know Sabrii," I honestly replied her already tired. Her obsession with my brother was becoming unhealthy. "He may if his friends are coming," I added trying not to let my annoyance slip into my tone.

Liv just shook her head, almost like she was disappointed in me.

Sabrina sighed but then the topic was moved from my brother to our last prom. Sabrina talked about how her blue ball gown dress should have stolen the spotlight. I didn't miss the glares she shot at me when Liv reminded her that she didn't win prom queen, I did.