26. Faith

Note: I've been listening to 'Let her go by Passenger for the last few chapters and I'm not too sure why lol, but it's helped me write the past few chapters. Carry on!

••

Author: What's something that no matter where you go you'll never forget because someone special taught you?

Hope: It will be one of the many lessons I learned from Faith. It's that in life, things happen and it's not your choice to be okay with it or not. What is your choice is your response, you can choose that because as long as you have your choice you're always going to learn.

Or in short, if life serves you shit take it all and ask for seconds.

~Hope Manchester.

••

When I pulled away from her I ignored her blush.

"Come on, I want to take you somewhere," I told her and took a breath out aware that an overprotective Chase was watching me intensely.

I could not afford a screw-up, especially not here. Now that the protests for Melody to get justice was going viral it was unsafe for me to keep going about. But this is something I have to do.

"Where exactly?" Hope asked me her eyes widening as she pulled on a pair of random slippers, she looked behind her shoulder and I wondered if she was looking for the woman who had opened the door.

"You know the lake I showed you before? It's probably the safest place for us to talk," I told her and tucked all my hair into my beanie. Lord knows how hard it was already to wear this itchy disguise.

If we did get caught, I was going to be in so much trouble. And I'd drag Chase into trouble with me, but knowing him, he wouldn't mind.

The look Chase had shot me when I got into the car made me grin as much as it had made him.

Here we were, getting into a shit load of trouble and we were laughing about how cool we looked in our disguises.

After I had stepped in I remained silent letting Chase lead Hope into a conversation with his usual cheerful, flirty personality. Her cheeks were red all through and despite Chase being an amazing distraction I knew there were questions she had that only I at the moment could answer.

Chase had pulled up at the entrance to an area filled with trees and dark green leaves and bushes beautified the area. At a point, I raised my eyebrow skyward when Chase had commented how it was only polite to kiss a lady's hand goodbye. Hope had laughed it off still looking flustered and I rolled my eyes at them.

I was going to be leaving tomorrow since Mom wasn't satisfied with me leaving in two days. She wanted me back quickly, apparently, since my attorney was already back in New York she wasn't sure why I wasn't.

I had more things on my mind than my mother's nagging. She was still annoying and a pain in my ass but at the moment all I could do was pray that it would all work out. Then I'd settle the problem of my parents later.

"Let's go," Hope said after she waved Chase goodbye, I just nodded.

"Want to go in first?" I asked her when I stood in front of the path that had multiple trees.