28. Faith

This is the final chapter! I'm so excited about this!

••

Author: If you could lose everything in a snap of a finger, what would you risk your life-saving?

Hope: That hope that one day everyone would get the opportunity to start a new page of their lives and that faith that everyone would have the moment they believe that it'll be possible.

~Hope Manchester.

••

Life is a game of give or take.

It's either you gain or you lose. Or you speak up or get spoken up to. Either way, everyone learns from this game we call life.

Some learn the importance of dancing around the table, avoiding life's game at all costs. Few learn how to endure it all and still keep the cheekiest of grins on their faces. But the truth is that there's no player like the one who's seen it all, the ins and outs. The cons and pros of the game.

But all in the end it's like a chess game, if you move your pieces in the right way you may end up winning. If you let your pieces move you'll end up exposing yourself to the true cruelty.

It took me quite some time to realise but, even the best players get played by life and the even more fact is that later in the future they would look back and laugh and joke about their experiences. Because it hurts, but life finds a way to go on.

My thoughts were running wild as I sat in Aiden's car looking out the window not daring to look at any of my two brothers present.

What I would do to be them, in their shoes. Not being forced to go back to a past they've been trying hard to run away.

It was all hitting me now, going back, the court case, leaving my brothers, returning to my parents, probably never seeing Hope again.

It all came crashing down on me and I wanted to hide, I was hurting inside but I couldn't let it show, at least not anytime soon. I needed to be strong for her because I knew that after all this she would wait for me, I didn't want to keep going on. I wanted my life to come to a full stop but I couldn't. . . Not yet, not anytime soon.

I needed to hold myself because if I didn't my broken heart would never be sealed. And then the wound that Melody's death would never be healed.

My mind was still hunted by her. I was trying to pick myself up piece by piece but that emptiness inside me couldn't leave. I needed more time to get myself together.

All those memories of her killed me. The way her dark black eyes would light up when she smiled or when her dimples would show off whenever she was happy or excited about something.

I still couldn't come to terms with her being gone, it was like a piece of me had been ripped off when she died, it was like I had left feeling so much hate for myself that I couldn't help but feel the need to stay strong.

No one could understand the turmoil I was going through, they never cared how she had affected me.

Her melodic laugh, her shiny black eyes, her impeccable style, the way she always knew what I was thinking, that smile of hers that even before she died was planted on her face.