⁰⁴|ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏɴᴇ, ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛᴍᴀꜱ

It had been quite a while since Harry Potter had entered Hogwarts. His first encounter with other students was Draco Malfoy. He had offered him friendship, Harry would have taken it. He really would have if it wasn't the smugness Draco wore like a crown.

He saw the blonde boy looking at Ron with disgust in his eyes. While Draco might have thought that Harry would wear a similar hatred in his eyes towards Weasley, he was only half right. Harry was utterly disgusted by Malfoy's action and then rejected his friendship. This act was noted by everybody in this year. Also Professor McGonagall who smiled looking at the small boy carrying the confidence of James with the kindness of Lily.

James and Lily had cautioned him about the blood-discrimination that was prevalent in their wizarding world since he was a child. "Purebloods never learn to respect," Lily would usually say, before adding, "but they can learn to." 

As a result, the young Potter understood better than to give in to Malfoy's delusions. Instead, he concentrated all of his focus on his nerves. As the sorting approached, he became more concerned about the following eight years of his life than he had ever been.

Harry Potter was sorted into Gryffindor along with the ginger headed family he knew and there she was the bushy hair girl, sitting next to him. The elation that had washed over him when the hat declared his house entirely relieved him of the hat's apprehension about Slytherin being an option.

He grew closer to Hermione over the next four months as he attended his lectures and sought to make sense of the mysteries that surrounded him. To say the least, the girl was an enigma. His mum was probably the only person he'd seen with books this large. Harry was instantly captivated by the brunette's wits and confidence.

He recalled the night he feared she was in danger from the troll. He ran determined and urgently, not wanting to lose a friend he was only getting to know. He fought with everything he had, her cries fueling his will . He didn't say it out loud, but he couldn't help but be disappointed as she prepared to leave for the breaks.

Harry wasn't going home as Ron wasn't. While Lily and James had offered Ron to join them, Harry wanted to stay and explore the mystery of the three-headed dog a little more. This disappointed Harry's family as they were eager to celebrate their son making it to the Quidditch team.

James had been so proud, he came to the first match and saw as his son spit out the golden snitch. He looked at Lily and said "if you let me teach him, he would have been better than this", to that Lily lightly nudged his shoulder. Remus and Sirius had of course accompanied them. They praised their godson to no end. While Remus showered Harry with compliments, Sirius did so to himself.

"He is my godson"

"I gifted him that broom"

"He is the best seeker to have ever lived"

"He is in the team, in his first year. Lily, James my godson is brilliant"

Sirius said to every ghost, every portrait as he continued running down the hallway as he did years back. The walls and the floors and the opaque ghosts all recognised him. Padfoot was back at Hogwarts, the whisper had gone around the school.

Lily followed through on her promise, bringing Hermione the books she had promised on their first encounter. As she asked her son about the whereabouts of the petite brunette, Harry blurted out a string of incoherent drivel. Lily looked at the flustered child, puzzled, but James merely laughed.

They had gone back soon, not willingly. McGonagall had told them that Sirius was not welcomed in the school for another year, James and Remus had to drag them out.

Ron woke Harry up early, they went downstairs and opened gifts. Harry opened it and found a cloak, it was a dark velvet with vague embroidery. There was a note.

Hey there mate,

Your mother did not want me to give you this, as I understand you have been getting into trouble already and this might make you do it more. However this is what my father gave me and now I give it to you little prongslet.

Your amazingly handsome and charming father, husband of the beautiful Lily Potter,

James Potter

Well James was right about the getting into more trouble part. While Remus was in the school, teaching DADA to higher classes alongside Quirell. Harry still managed to roam around undetected.

The three had created quite a trio, with Ron supporting all of Harry's stupid ideas and Hermione utilising her unlimited knowledge to fine-tune their plans so that they wouldn't die. As the year came to a close, Harry realised what his final impediment was: the sorcerer's stone.

On midnight, they made their first move. That night, they encountered several challenges, the first and easiest of which was Neville. Hermione health with it with a stroke of her wand. One thing he was terrified of? The three headed dog. After all, Harry knows the dog's tongue itself is larger than him.

He entered the room and witnessed the dog snoring. He carried on to remove the dog's tale from the small entrance to a bunker, then tried to fight off the slimy black things, played a chess game with Ron and Hermione

He was about to leave but before he did he told Hermoine to go to the owlery and send a message to the headmaster.

"Ron's right I have to go on", hesitant after saying this Harry looked away. He was going to get up before a sweet voice stopped him.

He was used to hearing that voice in a stubborn way, this time it was laced with support, care and worry. "You'll be okay Harry, you're a great wizard. You really are."

Harry found himself saying "Not as good as you", while he didn't intend on saying that, he knew it was quite true.

'Me?' she asked with a smile. "There are more important things than books and cleverness," Hermoine was taken aback by the speed with which those words came out; she herself didn't believe there were more vital things than knowledge. Her voice, on the other hand, seemed to be getting through to Harry, which made her delighted.

She continued saying "Friendship and Bravery", he had his mouth a little open, Harry was surprised at the wisdom she withheld, he knew of her smartness but this was wisdom.

He started getting up and he heard her call out "Harry, just be careful". He nodded and went ahead, ready to get this all over with.

As he hesitantly descended the stairs, Harry kept his breathing rhythmic as his grip on his wand tightened. He was a first-year wizard preparing to confront a teacher, and everything about this seemed ridiculous. But he knew he had to do it. Harry's breath froze in his throat as he saw the turban, expecting greasy black hair.