¹⁴|ʜᴇ'ꜱ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

Suffice to say, Harry was not enjoying the tournament. Who would want 'eternal glory' if the price to pay was so high.

The second task of the Triwizard Tournament had arrived, and the champions stood at the edge of the Black Lake, their hearts pounded with both anticipation and worry. The horn sounded, and one-by-one, each participant plunged into the icy waters to face the challenge ahead.

It seems cruel, making a competition out of saving your loved one. 

Amidst the turbulent waves, Harry quickly all their loved ones were trapped in giant water bubbles beneath the surface. With determination in his eyes, he focused on finding Hermione and set off in search of her bubble. Harry navigated through treacherous obstacles and bewitching water creatures to reach Hermione.

Harry spotted Hermione's bubble, and his heart sank at the sight of her looking pale and unconscious. He swam faster, summoning all his strength to reach her in time. He tugged at the wines holding Hermione down. All others had rescued their respective people but Fleur's sister was still here, lonely with no ray of hope shining on her. 

Harry was pushed to his limits trying to get both girls to the surface. Once they broke through the water, they were greeted by cheers and applause from the watching crowd.

Hermione gasped for air, turned around and threw her arms around the boy. "Harry, you came for me," Hermione managed to say between breaths, her eyes filled with gratitude and tears.

"Of course, I would never leave you behind," Harry replies, his voice steady despite the lingering danger.

Fleur had thanked the raven endlessly, people forgot each horrible word they had muttered for Harry. Of course it didn't end completely, those 'Potter stinks' badges were still in circulation, except now Harry didn't see them each time he was in the hallway.  

____________________________________

Hermione stuck with Harry as much as she could to help him, support him and Draco would meet them at different locations every night.

The locations got more unusual by the day.

Currently, they were high above the Quidditch field. High enough so see clouds float beneath their feet. Hermione clung to Harry's shirt, fearfully sitting behind him while Draco sat with much ease on his own broomstick.

The wind rustled through Malfoy's hair. "I received a letter from mother today. Don't do anything unusual Harry. Turn away if you suspect anything is out of place. The last round is a mystery to all of us, but play with caution."

These instructions were too cryptic, even for Malfoy. 

It was clear to Hermione that there was Dark Lord's interference in Harry's participation. So it was a given that Harry would most definitely need to be more alert than the other players. 

"What did your mother say Draco?" she spoke, more like yelled. The wind was too loud, she wanted to make sure that Draco could hear her. 

"Blimey Mione, stop screaming in my ear", said Harry shifting a little to the other side almost tipping the broom's balance.

"Yes Granger, we would not want the almost blind boy to become deaf too now do we?" Mafloy smirked as Harry frowned.

"My glasses are cute", he said with a feigned whine while also adjusting them on his nose with his knuckles. 

"Yes, Potter they are cute", said Draco, then immediately regretting his statement as he realised that the other boy was grinning.

"You are cute too", said Harry with a cheeky grin.