²²|ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴜɴᴛ

The semester ended. Collectively, they decided to visit Harry, they had neither seen him nor heard from him in two months. Draco caved when he saw Hemione get consumed with concern.

The house smelled and there was certain darkness. In front of them came Kreacher. "Ah! mudblood. What are you doing here?"

Draco immediately screamed "Kreacher, respect. Apologize right now."

The boy was familiar with the arrogant house-elf from his previous visit. Kreacher muttered something like an apology and called out "Master, there is somebody to see you."

Harry appeared on top of the stairs. He wore a black t-shirt. His glasses and naturally messy hair were the only things familiar about him. His eyes were barely open. "Ah it's you both and here I thought old voldy finally paid a visit. Who am I kidding I knew you could not have stood a chance against Hermione's wrath."

After about the fifth step he tumbled down. Hermione and Draco immediately rushed towards him. The smell of alcohol hit them as Hermione asked with no softness in her voice, "Have you been drinking Harry?"

"That voice is scary Mione"

Her eyes softened as he continued saying, "well everybody expects the 'boy who lived' to be different. Well guess what everyone, I am 16 and I lost everything so I am going to drown my pain by drinking."

"Harry, please they wouldn't want this"

"I didn't want them to die, did they listen to me? No. They died" he said looking at the brunette girl next to him. He looked at the roof and screamed "You died, you left me. You promised you won't. You told me you would be there. Why aren't you here? Please ju-just come ba-back. I need you, ple-ase do this for me. For me"

The screams turned into whimpers. The three children held onto each other before Harry fainted.

Draco was arranging everything in the house as Hermione held his hand and sat beside him. "I cannot imagine your pain but I can. They loved you as much as you loved them, maybe more. But I need you to get better. Avenge them, fight for them and for everyone. There is still a world beyond that door Harry and for that, you need to wake up and fight."

His eyes fluttered open as he squeezed her hand a little, "with you by my side?"

She smiled quietly and said, "well with how reckless you are, I have to be there."

_______________________________________

The next day after waking up Harry followed a trail of mummers before he reached the kitchen. Draco and Hermione were eating, but there were a few more figures around the table.

Neville, Luna, Ron, Ginny, and the twins.

"Ah Harry, finally woke up did you?" Hermione exclaimed and soon all the eyes were on him.

"Oh, Harry! How have you been doing?" asked Luna, in the calmest voice.

"Oh I am doing well Luna thank you for asking", he replied purposefully trying to ignore the glare he got from Draco and Hermione.

Everybody in the room could tell that he was lying. His eyes seemed to puffed up, his cheekbones were more defined because of the weight he lost. There were empty bottles of firewhiskey on the counter. His skin and face had lost all colors.

"Fix yourself up Harry, Dumbledore is coming in a few minutes", said Draco. His voice was stern. To say that the boy was disappointed in his friend was an understatement. Harry had isolated himself, and while Draco felt sorry for him looking at the terrible mess in front of him also made him angry.