⁰⁷|ᴛʀᴀɪᴛᴏʀꜱ

That name was somehow familiar and strange.

Peter Pettigrew, the one who threw away a friendship. He was ready to risk lives of those who would risk theirs for him.

Sirius, Remus, James and Lily refused to say his name. He was magically removed from every photo. However, he was not removable from memories. This was the reason that Remus said the name with so much pain.

"Harry, James and Lily might not forgive me for telling you this. I however believe it is crucial for you to know" he looked into his godson's and his friend's eyes before continuing. Sensing the motivation and determination he carried on, "For Peter you are in the way of You-know-who returning and he is loyal, he wants to kill you"

All of Remus' words seemed to pass Harry in a daze, Peter wants to kill him? No, Harry is the one who wants vengeance, who wants to avenge the pain of his parents and godparents. Nonetheless, Ron and Hermione clutched their seats harder. One would think they could get used to their best friend being in danger but each time, it keeps getting scarier. 

He could faintly hear Remus warning him. Knowing Harry, other three people in the compartment didn't say much.

________________________________________

The year continued, smoothly. The golden trio practiced and trained for their animagus, under the knowledge of only McGonagall and Dumbledore.

They visited Hogsmeade and Harry came into the possession of a map. The Marauder's Map.

He knew of it, from his father. It had been confiscated by Filch during their last few weeks. Fred and George had come across it by chance, utterly bewitched by 'the marauders' not knowing their real identities. Nothing could have made the twins give the treasure trove up, but knowing they had something that could save Harry's life, they passed it on without hesitation. 

On the other hand, James and Sirius had been trying to look for the traitorous man they once called their best friend. They were not going to back down from the search, there was a lot on stake and their anger had always been simmering, now coming on to a full force. 

Meanwhile, Remus was hard at work teaching the three young students all about animagi transformations. Whispers started growing and students began getting suspicious of the whereabouts of the Golden Trio. They would be out during weekends shifting into an animagus. Evenings were taken by the patronous charm. Anything the werewolf could do to protect these kids, he tried his best. 

Ron drew his charm from one of his most fond memories. It was the day Ron had returned from his first year. His parents and siblings fawned over his act of bravery. The day he felt loved, appreciated and had a feast dedicated to him.

Hermoine chose the memory of returning from the hospital wing during their second year. She had the brightest smile and ran towards Harry to hug him. She hesitated the moment she wrapped her arms around him but forgot about it when he hugged her back.

She was happy then, she had thought that her journey at Hogwarts would mostly be about studying and performing. She didn't think of the bonds she might form. That was the time she knew that it was the one to stick.

Harry chose an early Christmas he remembered. He was five and was playing with Sirius. Lily came in and started screaming at Sirius for increasing the oven temperature. He pleaded for his life saying that "I thought the warmer the oven, the faster the bake". Remus had been eating chocolates in a corner and James was rolling on the floor laughing.

Harry loved the way his family felt complete at that time. Lily and Sirius bickering. Remus being the mature yet the childish and James just being childish.