¹⁶|ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ

The feast was fancy but perhaps Hermione was not a fancy girl. She kept looking outside and think of wanting some muggle food. Harry knew that face, maybe that was the perk of knowing her for four years.

"Well Miss Granger, I will sneak us into the kitchen and make you a grilled cheese", he eyes lit up like a child's at the sight of Christmas presents. "However, I must demand a kiss from you."

"Oh Potter, here I thought you were going to make me work for it", she said before placing a small kiss on his cheek and running towards the ceiling high doors of the hall.

He sneaked them in with the help of his invisibility cloak. Dobby showed them the ingredients.

Hermione sat on the slab casually moving her legs around and looking at Harry who put all his focus on the cheese and the bread.

"You're good at this", she said "and looking at your lack of interference I guess cooking is not your strong suit" he replied.

"Well it is not that hard, I am good at potions and food is also just mixing things carefully" she lied through her teeth. She did not want to share her cooking failures.

"You're lying. You have tried cooking before and it most definitely did not go well." He commented with utter confidence.

"How would you know that", she asked. "I know when you lie Mione, dare I say that it is one of the very few things you are not good at."

It felt good knowing that somebody was this familiar to you, knew you to an extend that they had mentally noted all your habits. She felt accepted, euphoric and very much in love.

"Very few things? What are those things", she said in a pretended offence.

"Well, I believe cooking and lying are the only two I could find by now", he finished cutting the sandwich and putting the pieces on a plate. He darted towards the door and simply asked Hermione to follow him.

______________________________________

They were both sitting in the Quidditch bleachers.

"I don't need your jacket Harry, I am not that cold", said Hermione as she shivered. Her hair that had remained straight were now in a bun showing off her silver beaded earrings. They chimed calmly under the breeze.

"I wanted to make a gesture like those muggle movies", he complained and ruffled his hair. Then he shook his jacket off and draped it over the brunette's bare shoulders.

"You know Mione, I might not say this enough but thank you", he said looking at the clear dark sky in front of him.

"You know the first time we met on the station, I did not think we would be friends. I did not think anybody would want to be friends with me. Now I realise that right here I could not be happier", she said it all without hesitation gazing at the boy beside her.

When he felt the eyes linger on his despite the comfortable silence he glanced back. Brown eyes met the green and none of them knew who initiated the kiss.

Their lips were in sync, there was a sense of familiarity even if they had never kissed before. In the heat of the moment they both stood up and she ran her fingers through the black curls. His hands had snaked around her waist. They were in pure ecstasy, repeating each other's name in their heads over and over again.

After a while, they broke apart for air. She looked back in his eyes.

"I have seen the stars, the moon, lakes and the forests. I see those beautiful things everyday but amongst it all nothing gives me more peace than looking at you. You can ask me for anything and I would break myself trying to give it to you. Ask me for my soul and I'd happily hand it over to you. Those who say that home is a place have no idea about what you are to me." He was surprised by how steady his voice was.