¹²|ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ

Nobody knew the reason as to why the other hadn't said a word in the last 10 minutes. Therefore, Harry decided to break the silence.

"What are you doing here?", he asked under the impression that his parents had gone back home.

"We just came to greet our favourite portra-", Sirius began with a ridiculous explanation before being cut off by Harry.

"Professor Snape loves you? Who is Snivellus? He was the one who told Voldemort of the prophecy? What was the prophecy?" As the questions spilled out of the boy's lips, the other four adults were becoming increasingly aware of the extend to which their conversation had been overheard.

"Harry, if I ask you to leave this alone, will you?" James enquired, anticipating the response he would receive.

"No, I will not", he said determined before he thought of another way of persuasion. "Please, dad, mom, paddy moony tell me" making his eyes wider forming a small frown.

"Firstly, don't think that this is happening because of the doe eyes you have mastered over the years. I will talk to Albus and ask him if we can take you home for the weekend", she said before they all fell into a small conversation that included congratulating the young boy.

The request had been granted by Dumbledore. He didn't have a choice after Lily explained how serious a conversation the family needed to have. In haste, the boy hurriedly packed a few of his belongings. Nevertheless, he promptly left a message at the location where he was scheduled to meet the lad who had delivered the unusual note the day before.

Dear D,

I would be going home today for the weekend, I would love to meet you here on Sunday. Please send a note through Hedwig if you wish to speak to me.

Harry

Before leaving, the raven bid his goodbye to Hermione and his roommates. When he saw Ron's bed his mind momentarily took him back to the conversation he had with the ginger mere moments ago. This was yet another unfinished business he was leaving this weekend. 

__________________2 ʜᴏᴜʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ__________________

"I reckon you have to barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire" said Ron unable to meet his eyes with the boy in front of him.

"Caught on have you?" Harry casually responded to rid himself of the discomfort and annoyance of the moment. He'd made the assertion numerous times. He claimed he didn't want to put his name in the goblet because facing death was not something he enjoyed or was even remotely looking forward to.

"I wasn't the only one who thought you had done it, everyone was saying it behind your back", said Ron.

"Brilliant, that makes me feel loads better, because everybody is supposed to be my best friend", he said. This could possibly not be the best defence Ron could put up, nobody was supposed to know Harry the way Ron should have.

Taking the silence as a sign Harry continued, "you insulted my godparents and disrespected Mione in front of me; others may be guilty of one or two remarks here and there, but you are guilty of an awful lot." 

"Harry, I've been meaning to apologise to you for a while now. You were right that I desired attention, and I let it all get to my head. I accept that for the now, and I will apologise to Professor Lupin and Sirius when I see them. I have already apologised to Hermione. Harry I can't explain why I stood against you and refused to help with the tournament, but all I can do is ask that you forgive me."

All Harry could do then was ask for time.

_________________ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ'ꜱ ʀᴇꜱɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ________________