¹⁰|ᴍᴀʟꜰᴏʏ

Ron was pleasing a crowd full of people with his new insults for Harry.

Given the recent events, it was quite easy for him to be in the limelight. The majority of people were already furious at the boy who lived.

It was all in a pure case of hypocrisy. Students from each year had attempted to enter the tri-wizard competition knowing that success would bring them unimaginable fame and fortune. However, Harry was the one who was accidentally taking part, and now all those who failed took any chance they could find to berate Harry for his lack of fortune.

Consequently, the Gryffindor common room got the chance to witness an amusing fight.

"Of course you are jealous that people are looking past you. Past Harry Potter, the boy who lived. That story is possibly full of bullshit too. Well Harry look around, people like me now, they respect me now. All they have for you is pique" said the red head with pride.

Harry doesn't know how this started, one moment he was returning from his solo flying practices and the next he was getting overwhelmed by gazes which were curious and hateful at the same time. 

"Ron, you scumbag! Is this the reason you've stayed with me for the past four years? for fame? Attention? Guess what? You owe me a lot of what you have now, including your inflated ego and your pleasure at being noticed by others. They only talk to you when you talk about me, they only listen to you when you talk about me. 

"Harry said anger welling up in his voice.

"When you realise all that you have lost, when you begin to mourn the friendship we shared, don't bother coming to me. Never think for a second that I'll forgive you for all this."

With that the boy stormed off. 

____________________________

If yesterday was an emotional, today was a damned rollercoaster.  

It wasn't normal for Harry, despite what many might think. Seeing his own face printed on the Daily Prophet's front page had him gaping just like all others. 

"𝕋𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕕𝕪! ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 ℙ𝕠𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕚-𝕎𝕚𝕫𝕒𝕣𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕥."

It never bothered him before to hear rumours about his own family, maybe it was the way his mother helped him brush all kinds of bullies off. 

Though reading all about how attempts at his life were all in vain, reading an article about how Harry's name being called was either intentional on the boy's part or a twist of fate made him angry. Harry's young, and vengeful of all the enemies trying to steal his childhood from him. 

Then articles like these enraged him. 

Couldn't people be grateful? Sympathetic? In the end who was he fighting for?

He tried not to dwell on such thoughts, after all he had classes to attend. But Harry Potter sometimes forgot that hateful presences lurk at each corner. 

He was now in Potions, which was a dreary class that he couldn't wait to get out of, but Harry had lingered back searching for a quill that had flown away from his hand. Everyone had hurried to the following class, running away from this subject and teacher. 

Harry rushed to find the quill and began to leave the classroom after locating his quill.

Trying to get out undetected failed completely as Severus blocked his way and said "You might be labouring under the delusion that the entire wizarding world is impressed with you Potter,  but I see that recklessness that brews in your blood. To me, Potter, you are nothing but a nasty little boy who considers the rules to be beneath him."