¹⁵|ʏᴜʟᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ

The silence of shock was broken by the wail let out by Cedric's father.

"What happened? Merlin who did this?" All the questions had an obvious answer but Harry dignified it with a response "He killed him." Harry's finger was pointing towards the man who was quite noticeable with the pale body covered in contrastingly black robes.

"Tom Marvolo Riddle, you flinch when you hear this name because you think I would fear saying it like others do. Nobody is afraid of you here. I pity you, in your loneliness you had to scare people to join you. Love is as strange to you as peace is for me" said Harry.

Every word that left his mouth had echoed in the small theatre. Hermione stood up and screamed "Tom", next it was Harry's parents. Soon almost everybody except a few Slytherins screamed the name.

Voldemort's rage grew and he vanished into black smoke.

The Locomotor Mortis spell held no chance against the man who still had 7 chances at life. His legs might have been locked but he could still transport himself like the other death eaters. Soon other black rays of smoke had also joined in.

_______________ᴅᴜᴍʙʟᴇᴅᴏʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇ________________

The trio and the adults once again found themselves in the office. It would have been almost the same but the aura of panic was higher than it ever had been. Harry told them everything, highlighting the slight slip up when Voldemort mentioned something beginning with 'horc'.

"Do not beat yourself boy, killing him would have only proven as a disadvantage right now", said Dumbledore confusing everybody further.

"Albus, we could have ended it. With your wand, you could have ended it", Sirius said signalling towards the elder wand.

"If what Harry says is true then Voldemort still has his soul untouched. I would have to find out more but if so then us knowing his current form is more beneficial than sitting back looking for his between nameless crowds Mr. Black" Dumbledore replied calmly.

Dumbledore had suspected Tom using the dark magic that made his soul become a part of the book Harry had destroyed two years back. Currently he was in the possession of the family ring and still had to run some spells to check it.

He dismissed the crowd to go home for the weekend.

________________________________

Amos Diggory was honoured to learn that the special traditional ball would be held to honour his son. The man was in pain but was glad to know that the death of precious and beautiful boy would not go unavenged and unnoticed.

The decorations, food and everything would be to the likings of the Hufflepuff boy.

Hermione had visited the Potter house over the only weekend between the final round and the ball. She went shopping with Lily and her mother. Over a modest debate, Lily bought a beautiful emerald dress for the girl.

Her mother had been shy to let the other woman pay. Lily had smiled slightly and said 'Your daughter is the reason my son has made it through years of foolishness. No gift can make up for my gratefulness but this will make me feel better. So please, let me."

The Grangers were always proud of their daughter. Going to the Potter house for Christmas every year boasted their pride in the most adorable way. Lily loved watching the muggle parents proudly claim the achievements of their daughter.

Hermione loved the dress. It was satin and plainly flowed down and there was a silver embroidery at the bottom.

On the other hand, Harry had been stuck at home. Nightmares haunted his sleep. He would see Voldemort torture nobody other than his own followers. He would punish most for believing in his demise.