Chapter 121: He Died! (Part 1)

Shen Miao was drinking tea unhurriedly.

At this time, the wind outside was blowing strongly while she was sitting at the corner of the hall, as she waited for the hot tea that Jing Zhe handed over before slowly sipping it. It was as if she was an innocent and delicate Young Lady, who was waiting for the slices of mutton to be prepared by the kitchens for the meal later.

Luo Ling’s expression darkened. Luo Sa noticed that he was not right and followed Luo Ling’s gaze to Shen Miao, and his expression also got somewhat serious as he asked, “What had happened?”

Luo Ling ignored him and also did not instruct the guards on any action, but instead got up and walked over to Shen Miao, “Biao Youngest Sister, would like to have a word with you.”

“Older Brother Luo can say whatever words needed to be said here.” Shen Miao set aside the teacup from her hands and smiled slightly at him, “If something really happened, it cannot be hidden.”

When Luo Qian and Luo Tan saw the situation, they also walked over. This time the actions were rather big and Madam Ma and Madam Yu noticed. They thought that Shen Miao and Luo Ling had some dispute and at this time, they naturally would be biased towards the female. Madam Yu immediately went over and glanced at Luo Ling before shaking her head with disagreement, “Ling-er, do not scare Jiao Jiao.”

Luo Sa heard this and laughed loudly, “Who is scaring who?”

“Eldest Brother, what exactly happened?” Luo Qian was the youngest and normally spoke whatever was on this mind, so he asked whatever doubts that were in his heart.

Luo Ling looked at Shen Miao and Shen Miao smiled gently at him, as if she was crystal clear as to what he was going to say. That kind of confidence and calmness made Luo Ling slightly startled. After a moment he sighed and said in frustration and helplessness, “The guards had come with news that the Tu Jue almost entered the city.”

“What?” Luo Tan exclaimed loudly and then seemed to be aware that her voice was a bit too loud, and quickly covered her mouth. When they spoke, the servants were further away and thus did not hear. The most taboo thing in this work was the morale of the troops, at this moment everyone was gathered here to hide from the hailstorm, but if others were to know that the Tu Jue people had entered, one fear that the morale of the troops would be affected. Even if Luo Ling and Luo Sa were not up in chaos, there would at least be panic.

Madam Yu and Madam Ma were born in ordinary families and naturally had no natural abilities to protect themselves, so they blanked out when they heard the information. Madam Ma immediately said, “Ling-er and Sa-er, is it that now we need to first protect Jiao Jiao and the rest. How long can our Luo family withstand and when would your Father and the rest return?”

No matter how smart or capable a woman was, in the face of such a situation, one would not be able to help but panic. Even the words were somewhat incomprehensible, Madam Yu still unconsciously said, “Why not go and hide first?”

Luo Tan’s and Luo Qian’s faces turned somewhat white. They had been living in the Xiao Chun City since birth, and even though they had heard stories of the battlefields from Luo Sui, they felt that those were things that were very far away from them. The Tu Jue had never entered the city before, and novels would not indicate or elaborate what happened to a city when they were attacked. Even when the Ming Qi captured a city, there would be a massacre at times, much less with the cruelty of the Tu Jue.

“Biao Youngest Sister’s words really came true.” Luo Qian murmured.

Madam Ma and Madam Ye were startled. Madan Yu looked at Shen Miao, “Jiao Jiao hit the target.”