Chapter 125: Compelled to Compete (Part 1)

The tribute banquet was filled with merriment and everyone were toasting with one another, suddenly making it as if it was a peaceful scene. It was only at the noble guests’ area that Emperor Wen Hui spoke to the Crown Prince of Qin, HuangFu Hao, who was somewhat restraining fear. When this was seen by others, naturally they were well aware of it.

Among the three countries, Qin, Great Liang and Ming Qi, the Ming Qi was the weakest, followed by the Qin country and the Great Liang was the strongest. That Emperor Yong Le’s actions were always valiant, which made the Qin country and the Ming Qi to feel fear and, so they would be very respectful to this Prince Rui of the Great Liang. As for HuangFu Hao, when he was speaking to Prince Rui, there were many words of probing.

Most of the female guests’ eyes were stuck on this Prince Rui, each and every action and movement from Prince Rui warmed their hearts and delighted their eyes. There were no shortage of outstanding males in Ming Qi, just like Fu Xiu Yi, but in front of this Prince Rui, all of them were not as elegant and noble looking, and instead seemed shoddy.

Even though Luo Tan loved beautiful people but she had the temperament of a gust of wind, so she was soon attracted by the delicate and delicious food, happily trying this and that.

Because the tribute feast does not distinguished between male and female guests, the entire official family sat together. Luo Ling also sat near Shen Miao’s and when he saw that Shen Miao was not eating, he placed a snowflake cake onto Shen Miao’s plate and warmly said, “Biao Younger Sister eat something, else one will not have energy to return.”

Shen Qiu originally wanted to give Shen Miao a piece, but Luo Ling had pre-empted his attempt, and he did not know where to put the snowflake cake in this chopsticks. His bowl was already full, and moreover what kind of man would eat a snowflake cake? He thought for a moment before putting it in front of Feng An Ning, who was sitting nearest to Shen Miao.

Feng An Ning was overwhelmed by the favour as she accepted it and said her thanks. But she did not eat it and was looking at the snowflake cake in a daze.

But just at this moment, one heard HuangFu Hao suddenly speaking, “BenGong heard that the Formidable Great General, General Shen, has returned to the capital a few days before. The name of the Formidable Great General was one that BenGong always hear about, but do not know if one have the honour to see?”

When the remarks were spoken, the lively banquet suddenly quietened down.

The Crown Prince of the Qin country wanted to see Shen Xin? What was the meaning of it?

Shen Xin and the Crown Prince of the Qin were practically not related at all, but now one of them was the Great General that Emperor Wen Hui recalled back to the Ding capital, and the other was the Qin country’s Crown Prince, both had very sensitive identities. Everyone could not help but look at Emperor Wen Hui’s facial expression.

Emperor Wen Hui’s smile remained unchanged, as if this was just a very small request and he looked at Shen Xin, “Beloved Official Shen.”

Shen Xin quickly got up and bowed to HuangFu Hao before saying, “This General greets Your Highness the Crown Prince.”

HuangFu Hao smiled, “One had long heard that General Shen is brave and fierce without rival, that even in the border one could also transform a scattered army to shape. When the Shen family’s army returned to the capital, the commoners were even cheering.” He then gave a long sigh, “If my Great Qin could have such a military talent, one need not worry for a hundred of years.”

Emperor Wen Hui’s pupils shrank unnoticed as the ministers’ expressions in the banquet changed, and their gazes became extremely complex as they looked at Shen Xin.