Chapter 147: Person Who Break Flowers Off As Presents (Part 1)

In the Yan Qing Lane, in the residence of the Qin Imperial family, even though the Qin country was better off than the Ming Qi, it was not as high as the Great Liang who could buy the entire street of residences. They were situated at the entrance of the street, and it was deliberately far away from the residence of Prince Rui.

Princess Ming An sat in the room with a variety of exquisite snacks and tea in front of her, but she had no mood at all as her eyes were filled with annoyance. Today a number of maids were scolded by Princess Ming An without rhyme or reason, and no one knew what had angered her.

“Is there still no news at Xie Chang Wu’s end?” Princess Ming An asked her servants.

That person shook their head.

With a bang, Princess Ming An violently smashed the cup in front of her onto the ground and angrily said, “Useless people!”

The surrounding people were all accustomed to Princess Ming An’s craziness, and dared not even breath loudly. Princess Ming An felt extremely annoyed and simply got up to walk out to the courtyard.

One did not know how Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao handle matters. That day they had already snatched Shen Miao from the Shen family’s hands, but they delayed in taking actions and at the end, Shen Miao returned back to the Shen mansion safely. After knowing that Shen Miao had returned to the Shen mansion, Princess Ming An almost exploded. She immediately send someone to pass a message to the Xie brothers, taking her anger out on them. Xie Chang Wu wrote back to her indicating that he would inform her of the plans later. On one hand Princess Ming An had to be on guard against HuangFu Hao learning of the matter, and on the other hand because she was on confinement, her heart was frustrated and could only wait in the residence for Xie Chang Wu’s news.

At the end, this wait became a number of days and she finally could not hold back and became angry. She planned to have the Xie brothers bear the consequences. There was no one in this world that could live without doing the task that she assigned.

Just as she wanted to call someone to look for the Xie brothers, she saw a servant running over at the other end. Seeing that there was no one around, she then secretly handed a letter over to Princess Ming An, “Your Highness, this is sent from the Second Young Master of the Xie family.”

Princess Ming An was stunned, as she did not understand why Xie Chang Wu would dare to take the initiative to send a letter over. She quickly opened it up to read and after reading it, the frustration on her face disappeared. She then tore the letter up into small pieces before speaking to the palace maid happily, “Go and choose a bright and beautiful outfit for BenGong, and go and pick some jewelry from the chest. BenGong will select carefully.”

The servants were somewhat doubtful. Since Princess Ming An did not leave the residence, for whom did she dress up for? Moreover… What was the point of dressing up?

Although they were puzzled, everyone dared not to provoke Princess Ming An, and just did according to her words and dress her up according to her wishes.

This day passed fairly quickly, as if time was like running water and the winter night quickly fell. At night, snow started to fall but it was not a light snow, as the snowflakes seemed to be flying around like goose feathers. The winter nights were bone-chilling, and even those night watchers would quickly walk by. The entire Ding capital was silent.

At ZiShi (modern timing: 11pm – 1am), the Wan Li Lake was very quiet.

The restaurant by the Wan Li Lake was open the entire night, and was filled with people drinking and having a joy of a time, but there was no one outside the restaurant. Even the windows of brothels were all tightly shut. In such a cold late night, the wind was like knives when blown onto people’s faces. Ladies were afraid of the wind outside and also it would freeze all fine wine, wasting it.