215-216

Chapter 215: Waking Up (Part 1)
Shen Miao had dreamt of a very long dream.

That dream seemed to be very very long and it lasted a lifetime. She had a bystander perspective as she watch herself grew from a baby bumbling over words to a lively young girl, from a lively young girl to a young female, then to a middle aged married woman, then to the Mistress of the Six Palaces and finally to an abolished Empress in the Cold Palace before during into a pile of ashes in that fierce fire.

She saw herself falling in love with Fu Xiu Yi and begging Shen Xin to marry her to Fu Xiu Yi. She sat at the side and did her best to stop herself from her stupid behaviour but it was all in vain. No one could hear her words and she could only watch as everything happened around her.

From a perspective of a bystander, she saw how stupid the things that she did in the past and this time Shen Miao finally understood. The most terrifying thing was to experience all the heartbreaking matters again. It ended when she married Fu Xiu Yi when she was young. Those carefree days, even when others called her stupid, were after all filled with freedom and happiness. When she was called Ding WangFei, she was forced to be involved with all these fighting and scheming.

Even her pair of son and daughter was unable to escape.

The people around her left one by one and the First household of Shen family gradually declined. The prosperity of the past was like a flower that bloom during spring. Once spring is over and one headed towards summer and when the autumn wind starts, it would then wither, making it look cold and desolate.

In that dark life where one could not even see a single ray, there were some matters that she had ignored. Those were the stars in the night. They were covered up by other things and became unreal but after one accidentally discovered it, it was as bright as ever. It was like there was fireworks in one’s backyard and had colours which breath in live into the cold boring night.

She saw Xie Jing Xing.

Not that stubborn and obstreperous youth, not that hero that died on the battlefield. His arrogance was the same in the previous generations as he rode a high horse and carried a bow and in a conversation, he subverts an Imperial dynasty. He drank the wine that she had offered under the clear and bright moonlight and gave her a wish that she could not fulfilled in her entire life on the dark clouded ruined city.

They watch fireworks during the day and even did not miss the promise of that New Year’s night. They obviously had a chance encounter but he became the most indispensable person in her life.

Because of him, her wish came true. Because of him, she could be redo her life.

But that lifetime’s fate was just too short. Such a beautiful fate that made one look forward to was halted due to fate’s teasing. What was pitiful was that even with this chance of a lifetime, that short lived fate still continued.

There was no need to speak of any of the questions that were not asked. Many things had vanished at that moment, including questions and including answers.

The past fate was the result of the future result.

Shen Miao slowly opened her eyes.

As far as one could see, the skies had cleared up after the rain and a delicate scent sachet was hanging from the corner of the mosquito net, most likely to dilute the bitter aroma of medication. A more intriguing scent was revealed after the scent and medication were mixed together.

Shen Miao looked up beside her.

The young male leaned at the head of the bed and one of his hands was tightly holding hers. His eyes were closed and there was a slight stubble on his chin. Even though it was not so obvious, it was a different appearance that how he usually was.