219-220

Chapter 219: Dragon’s Seed (Part 1)
It was late at night that even the residence of Prince Rui was immersed in sleep and when it was all quiet, suddenly someone came in. It was Tie Yi who suddenly had something to report. Usually at such a time, Tie Yi would not come over to disturb. Shen Miao was sleeping at the deepest when she felt Xie Jing Xing getting up and walking out of the door. After a moment, he seemed to be talking outside with someone and in half a moment, sounds of clothes rustling was heard. She opened her eyes and saw that Xie Jing Xing was standing in front of the study table wearing clothes. She took a look outside again and saw that it was in the middle of the night and did not know why he looked like he was about to go out at such a timing.

“What had happened?” She asked.

Xie Jing Xing saw that she was awake and said, “Something happened in the Palace. I will enter the Palace to take a look. You should sleep first. There is no need to wait for me.”

Hearing that, Shen Miao’s sleepiness was mostly scattered away. For Xie Jing Xing to leave in such a late night, one could tell that this matter is very serious and moreover it was a Palace’s matter. She said, “What is it? Is it serious?”

“The Empress pushed Consort Jing into the pond.” Xie Jing Xing said as he wore his outer robes, “The specifics could not be said clearly in a short time.”

Shen Miao was relieved. For Xie Jing Xing to run to the Palace in the middle of the night, she had thought that there was an assassin in the Palace. When she heard about the matter, her heart was settled but after thinking about it, she said in surprise, “Why would Her Ladyship the Empress push Consort Jing into the pond?” Shen Miao had seen Empress Xian De before and also seen Consort Jing. When facing this type of person like Consort Jing, Empress Xian De simply disdain to even compete and Empress Xian De did not have an impulsive temperament. If it is said that Consort Jing pushed Empress Xian De into the water, Shen Miao would believe it but saying that it was Empress Xian De who took that action was something that Shen Miao did not believe at all.

“The Lu family is currently in the Palace.” Xie Jing Xing said, “They love to pester endlessly. I will go over first to take a look.”

Shen Miao quickly got up, “I will go too.”

“It is too late.” Xie Jing Xing disagreed, “You should sleep. Nothing will happen.”

Shen Miao shook her head, “Since you will be entering the Palace, this is not a simple matter. Anyways, I will not be able to sleep and for you to let me stay in the residence myself, I would let one’s imagination run wild. It is better to go over with you. Moreover if anything happen, one could maybe even help.”

Xie Jing Xing thought for a moment, “Never mind it. I would not feel rest assured leaving you here alone. Let’s go.”

Shen Miao quickly got up and changed clothes.

Because it was really late, all the servants were resting so Xie Jing Xing and Shen Miao only brought Tie Yi and Cong Yang along. Both of them rode the carriage onto the streets of Long Ye and there was not even a single person on the road. Xie Jing Xing’s expression was somewhat cold and Shen Miao was seriously lost in thoughts.

Even if Empress Xian De pushed Consort Jing, there was no need to call Xie Jing Xing into the Palace in the middle of the night. To put it in a bad way, even if Consort Jing lost her life because of this, that was a fight between the females in the Inner Palace and one could directly dismiss the people from the Lu family. Moreover Emperor Yong Le was currently tearing all pretenses from the Lu family, so how would he let the Lu family make a big fuss?

When Shen Miao was in Ming Qi, she had also seen concubines who would hinder another because of jealousy. The pushing into the pond by Empress Xian De to Consort Jing was the most inferior set up, so what did it need Xie Jing Xing to take a trip to the Palace? Shen Miao felt that this matter was not that simple. However Tie Yi said that the person who came over from the Palace with the Imperial decree did not speak clearly thus no one knew the specifics of the situation.