Chapter 139: Heart Jumping (Part 1)

For several continuous days, the Ding capital was very calm.

In the residence of the Qin Crown Prince, Princess Ming An had also paused for a few days. Other than strolling around in the Ding capital streets, she did not do anything else.

However it only appeared so on the surface, but it was not necessary the case in private.

Over in the mansion, Princess Ming An’s appearance was as charming as she wore a golden red gauze dress, and she was taking a bite of preserved fruits from a plate in front. Opposite her, there were two official-like person that were kneeling. These two person were insulted like this by Princess Ming An, but there was no anger at all in their expressions. These two was none other than the two Shu sons of the Marquis of Lin An, Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao.

Ever since Xie Jing Xing’s news, Xie Ding had no mood to handle government affairs, and passed on his power to his two Shu sons and let them battle in the court. Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao did not have low abilities, and currently they were working under Prince Ding. Even though Prince Ding did not value them greatly, he developed them as people that he could potentially use in the future. Thus both of them hope to make some achievements.

If one were to say what were Xie Chang Wu’s and Xie Chang Chao’s resentment, it was that even though Xie Jing Xing was dead and there was no descendants of Princess Yu Jing, Xie Ding refused to elevate Madam Fang’s status. Without elevating Madam Fang’s status, both of them would only have the position of Shu sons. Now Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao were in a rush to gain achievements, so that when they were able to reach a certain level of meritorious service, they would be able to force Xie Ding to change their status to Di sons. Even it was for the sake of the Marquis of Lin An’s residence, he could only do so.

The only reasons as to why they appeared in the residence of the Qin Crown Prince, was also because of Fu Xiu Yi’s instructions.

Fu Xiu Yi currently had the intention to have good relations with the Qin Crown Prince, and also wanted to reach some kind of agreement privately, so naturally one would need to spend some effort with HuangFu Hao’s blood younger sister, Princess Ming An. Thinking that Princess Ming An might not be familiar with the Ding capital, he then sent Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao over.

Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao were Fu Xiu Yi’s people in secret, and normally their tasks were to accompany higher ranked officials, thus others would not be surprised to see both of them flattering Princess Ming An.

As Princess Ming An had a violent temper, these days Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao had to suffer a lot.

It was the same today.

She looked at the two person opposite and laughed, “You all follow Bengong all day but are not at all bored. Does the officials of Ming Qi really like to follow behind other countries’ Princesses? If so, then it is really too easy for the Ming Qi to gain its country.”

“This official’s responsibility is to please Your Princess Highness.” Xie Chang Wu said, “Only when Your Princess Highness is satisfied, could these officials be at ease.”

Princess Ming An sneered, “You are not Bengong’s officials and Bengong will not accept such idle people. One heard that your residence of the Marquis of Lin An had an extraordinary heir, but it is a pity that he died young. Perhaps if it was him, Bengong would consider in letting him be Bengong’s official.”

The two persons that were prostrating had their heads down, but their expressions were hazy.

Even though some people died, the shadow left behind would not diminish at all. After Xie Jing Xing passing two years ago, Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao had thought that they would no longer need to live under the shadow of Xie Jing Xing. However when others mentioned about the residence of the Marquis of Lin An, the first thing that they thought about, was still Xie Jing Xing. They always said, “If that Little Xie Marquis was not dead, one do not know how extraordinary he would be today. One fear that the Marquis of Lin An would have been extremely proud.”