197-198

Chapter 197: Aristocratic Families (Part 1)
Consort Jing was used to tyrannise in the Palace. Even though she was arrogant and brainless, no one would dared to touch her that even Empress Xian De would not be bothered to care about her. One did not expect that she would have a bone with Shen Miao, or to say that she have a bone with Prince Rui.

No matter how clever and eloquent Shen Miao was, Consort Jing had the ability to punish her with a crime and it was alright to just find any charge. However she could not afford to offend Prince Rui.

When Prince Rui just came to Long Ye, the officials in court had all opposed to it and would hinder him openly or discretely. Everyone saw his stubborn and lazy appearance and thought that he was just a devil incarnate. No one knew that this person only use two years to make those officials avoid him, like a mouse seeing a cat, that they did not dare to provoke at all. Consort Jing’s father also warned her not to be an enemy of Prince Rui.

No matter how wilful Consort Jing was, she dared not confront Prince Rui. Emperor Yong Le had no way to deal with Prince Rui, much less a Consort like her.

She smiled reluctantly, “Your Highness Prince Rui is so busy, how would there be time to listen to Fourth Younger Sister’s music?” She then turned to Emperor Yong Le for help, “In the future, ChenQie will teach and guide Fourth Younger Sister so Your Highness Prince Rui must not be bothered with it.”

“This Prince do not have the time to be bothered with it.” Xie Jing Xing smiled and held Shen Miao’s shoulder, “WangFei also do not have the energy. When Consort Jing is free, it is better to think of ways to share Imperial Older Brother’s worries.”

Consort Jing bit her lips and looked at Emperor Yong Le awkwardly.

Emperor Yong Le’s face became heavier. No matter what, it made him unhappy that Xie Jing Xing kept on humiliating his consort. Perhaps previously he did not mind but now he did not wish Xie Jing Xing to stand up for Shen Miao. What kind of appearance of doting was this becoming to? He coldly asked Shen Miao, “Rui WangFei, is this what you mean?”

Shen Miao bowed docilely, “The wife follows the husband.”

Empress Xian De looked at Shen Miao somewhat surprised. It seemed that she did not think that Shen Miao would be so stubborn in front of Emperor Yong Le and suddenly thought of something and smiled as she shook her head.

When Emperor Yong Le heard it, he stared silently at Shen Miao for a long time. His gaze could be described as somewhat fierce but Shen Miao’s head was bowed. One did not know if it was playing dumb or one did not see it and always kept a gentle look and turn a blind eye to this gaze.

Xie Jing Xing pulled Shen Miao up and said, “If Imperial Older Brother have nothing else to say then ChenDi will leave first.” He continued, “As newlyweds, us, husband and wife, have a lot of things to do.”

Shen Miao, “…”

Emperor Yong Le said, “Remember what Zhen had said to you.”

Xie Jing Xing said with a smile but not a smile, “Orh.”

It was just that ‘orh’ word did not sound like one had placed Emperor Yong Le’s words to heart.

After Shen Miao and Xie Jing Xing left, Emperor Yong Le seemed to be extremely unhappy and with a brush of his sleeves, he did not bother with Empress Xian De and Consort Jing and left on his own. When Empress Xian De and Consort Jing saw it, they knew that Emperor Yong Le was furious and did not follow him.

Consort Jing looked at Empress Xian De and said, “Older Sister and Rui WangFei’s relationship is rather good and kept on speaking for her just now. If one do not know about it, one would think that both of you had already known one another.”