Chapter Six

We've been walking for about fifteen minutes down this bazaar-like place filled with elves as the vendors. The image of a happy family suddenly came to my mind. We were affectionate to each other but when that tragedy happened to me, we all have changed. It seems like we adapt to another skin. We altered every single thing in our lives. Our home, my school and my name. They want to change my whole identity because whenever they all look or call me by my name, they were haunted by the misfortunes I brought to the family. My previous identity was the aftermath that's why they decided to clean it up so I won't get disturbed whenever I heard it on the news. That's what my parents told me but I think the changes were not really for me, it's for them so they can still live a normal life. I have to change my hair color and to be honest I didn't like it. My black long hair needed to be cut short and change the color into hazel brown. I was just an eight year old kid back then.

We reached a deserted part of the town. It's dark and frightening. It feels like a ghost town.

"What are we doing here?" I asked them.

"The witch is here," Sebastian, he's quite agitated.

Witch?

I walked behind Sebastian when he aggressively grabbed something right in front of me. It surprised me even more when a cyclops appeared while Sebastian is holding him in the neck. He raised it up high in the air and tossed him at the side. A group of cyclops began to appear. We are surrounded by a lot of them. Twice the number that we fought in the forest. Tom opened his knapsack, ready to throw one of his void spheres. While Sebastian looks oddly calm.

"Is this how you plan to ambush us? Send your one-eyed army in Ghost Town?" Sebastian said with arrogance.

A woman wearing a crimson medieval dress that matched her white skin suddenly appeared out of nowhere. She has a black bob cut hair. She's oozing with an appeal you can't just ignore. So this is what he meant when he said she's here. I can't help myself but to get mesmerized by how sophisticated she looks as she walked towards us.

She looked at me with a smirk and said, "We've met before. Don't you remember me?"

I stared back at her clueless on what to say. What is she talking about? She came closer to me and whispered "You can't escape from what your fate dictates. You are destined to meet, again."

I froze for a moment. Couldn't think of anything but the words she told me. She's that old lady I met on the forest! So it's not a nightmare. I am not dreaming and it was all real. I am not losing my mind because this is real. My assumption that she's a witch is true.

"What do you want, Chles Moonfall?" Sebastian asked.

"Ooh I get goosebumps everytime a demon says my name. Especially if it's you Sebastian."

She's the main reason why these two guys found me. Tom said she was hunting for humans but why would she do that? She gently caressed Sebastian's face. Honestly, both of them don't look evil to me right now. They complement each other. They made me feel flustered just by looking at them acting like that. Watching them made me feel like I'm invading their privacy.

"You know that I missed you so much that it hurts to argue with you right now." Chles said.

He shoved her hand away and said, "I know you're a dirty liar."

"Liar? Are you referring to yourself? Between the two of us, that word suits you way better than me. Do I have to remind you of your selfish acts, Sebastian?" She said displaying a strong disdain.

There's a tension between the two of them. I am scared on what could happen if they don't stop bantering.

"Then what do you think of yourself right now? Do you see yourself as someone who is pure? Good-natured?" Sebastian pulled her closer to him and whispered on her ears. He delicately touched her hand. He stare directly to her eyes passionately, almost kissing her. She's leaning closer to reach his mouth when she slapped him hard enough to left him shocked.

"Do you think I would fall for that again? You're underestimating me. Well, let me get to the point here. I have a contract for you, demon."

"Can't you see that I already have one," Sebastian raised his right hand.

"You have never been a loyal servant. Besides it's not your first time having two contracts with two different person. Come on, don't be so boring. You know this is fun, right?" She laughed like a maniac. "Make a pact with me and I'll bring you to your girl."

I saw Sebastian clenched his fist. He's trying to control his emotions just a while ago but I think what Chles just said took his patience out of the window. "Don't you dare mentioning her again!"

"What? The poor little girl you adore the most you'll risk your whole devilish life just to see her again, am I correct? What's her name again?" She leaned on him and whispered something that made Sebastian infuriated.

He grabbed her wrist tightly and said, "What do you want, you wicked witch?"

She smirked and said, "Give her back to me and I'll bring you to your girl. It's a win-win situation. Deal?"

They can't just give me to her. Sebastian and I made a contract. Besides I am not sure of Chles' intentions with me. Tom and Sebastian made it clear a while ago that they need me alive. I think I'm safer with the pair compare to the witch.

"You are well aware of my capabilities, right? I can kill everyone in this place in seconds including you," Sebastian warned.

"No, no honey. You can't kill me not because of your strength but because you're sentimental. You can't kill me because you still feel a guilty after what you have done to me."

Now it's evident that these two had something back then. What she said implies they knew each other for a long time. Sebastian didn't respond. He just glared at her. Ready to kill her anytime possible.

"So what's your answer, demon?"

Sebastian's cane appeared again. He pounded it on the ground and a black mist engulfed all the cyclops. They all dropped instantly and turned into bones and ashes. Everyone is dead except the four of us. I can't believe on what I just saw. This is how powerful he is. He can actually kill me if I tried pissing him off again. I turned to Tom who seems so calm about what just happened. It seems that he's already used to Sebastian's power. I looked at Chles' face and surprisingly she's wearing a big smile like making fun of Sebastian. Now the town felt like a real ghost town.

"I assume that this is your answer but why did you let me live? You could just kill me like what you did to these men. Why did you save me from your lethal prowess?" She opened her hand and a golden flute came out of thin air. Sebastian and Tom are in a state of shock. What is that flute and why did the pair reacted this way when they saw it?

"You had the chance to kill me but you didn't. You and the cat are well aware of what this thing can do to anybody, I mean everybody."

Chles started playing the flute. I can't really explain the sound that it produced but it's terrifying to hear. I felt dizzy and can't breathe properly. My world is spinning and my surroundings began to blur. I dropped to my knees and saw Tom lying on the floor, unconscious. Chles is speaking but I can't clearly hear it. Sebastian is also struggling like me. I tried calling Sebastian's name but as Chles continued on playing, it became harder for him to fight too. Even for him the sound is formidable. What is this thing? He fell down on the floor just like me. He looked at me before he closed his eyes. My world became dark once again.