Chapter Twenty-Six

Trent is already waiting for us at the lighthouse. He waved his hand the moment he saw us walking towards him. I have to express my gratitude to him for giving me shelter on his kingdom while I'm unconscious.

I'm glad that I get to say thanks to him. Since Max told me that I was gone for two months, I realized how precious life is. I don't know how many times I gave up and had wished to die but it's easier said than done. I could have died but Orly saved me and gave me another chance in life. Someone sacrificed their life for me and I shouldn't take it for granted.

"I like the new hair color," Trent said while stretching his arms out. "I didn't have blood on my shirt so can I hug you?"

I laughed. "Yeah I noticed that too. You really prepared for this, aren't you?"

"Come here, you troublemaker. You need to eat a lot because you lost too much weight. I was so scared I'd never get to see you again," he said while patting my back gently.

"Me too," I responded.

"I'm sure you know by now that Sebastian is missing or shall I say doesn't want to be found," Trent said.

Is he too scared that I might not wake up again that's why he left knowing it's his own fault?

"I had a hunch that you might be his creator and it turns out I was right. Chles put a curse on him as her way of revenge that's why he forgot your name and what you look like."

I understand that he didn't recognized me at first. I look a lot different than the Sapphire that he knew but now that my hair is longer and it's black once again, I'm sure he'll see Sapphire.

How is he going to find me back then if he clearly doesn't have any idea of what I look like? He must be so desperate.

"I remember the look on his face when I stabbed Chles and he really wanted to kill me that time."

That's why he was so mad at me when I stabbed Chles. It's because she's the only person who can remove the curse.

"Just give him time. He'll soon realize that hiding from you is pointless," Trent said.

"What about you, Quinn? Why did you forgot about him? Also, your name... why did you changed it?" Tom suddenly asked.

I know that they are eager to know the reason why I changed certain things in my life but I don't want to talk about it right now. I am feeling better these days so I don't want to get reminded of it.

"I... just had to do it. Shall we go now?"

Trent noticed that I don't want to be asked about it. "Let's go to the palace. I think it's going to rain soon."

A lot has changed in his palace. It's a lot cleaner and it smelled nothing like blood at all but the thick curtains are still here. Aletheia's flags are seen hanging from every corner.

It seems like Trent's hygiene has improved a lot. He caught me hiding my laughter.

"What's so funny huh?" Trent asked.

"Oh nothing. I'm just glad that I'm here again."

"You still haven't seen the dining hall. Prepare yourself."

Trent led us to the dining. This wasn't here before. There's a marble round table at the center of the room with eight golden chairs. A chandelier with green gems hanging from the ceiling. Tom doesn't seem surprised so maybe while I'm unconscious, they were fixing this room.

"This is where we used to eat. Now, this is where I brought my visitors, if there is." Trent explained.

"Why can't you eat in here?" I asked.