Chapter Twenty-Nine

Sky invited me for dinner later in their house so it means I have to dress properly because I am going to meet her parents. I've seen both of her parents once on television for an interview for powerful families.

It started raining just as I got out of the train. Good thing that I brought an umbrella with me. I walked my way home from the train station because I couldn't find a cab. When I finally got home, soaking in rain, I smelled a sweet aroma of hot chocolate just as I opened the door.

"Are you making hot choco? Since when did you learn that?" I asked Tom. He's at the kitchen counter.

"I watched a tutorial on YouTube. It's raining outside and I know you want this after a long day at school."

Tom is quite different today or maybe he's still sympathizing with me because of what I told him earlier.

"So you just watched YouTube all day?" I teased.

I leaned on the couch and I smiled as I think about what happened today. I'm excited and nervous at the same time because it's been a while since I've been invited to a friend's house.

"I guess something nice happened because you're grinning like an idiot."

"You'll be eating alone for dinner because I'm going to my friend's house later."

"Your friend must have mistaken you for someone."

"Nope. You're just envious." I laughed.

"Here, have a taste."

Tom offered the cup. I stood up to reach for it and about to take a sip when someone took it by force. Sebastian. He drank all of it. He released the cup from his strong grip and it dropped on the floor. Those fragments on the floor reminded me of all the glass of water my mother used to break when her hands were shaking from fear. I tried to clean it for her but I would only end up hurting myself.

Tom didn't look surprised at all when Sebastian appeared out of nowhere. Tom's pupil dilated while looking at Sebastian. They were looking at each other like they are about to hunt their prey. There's a dreadful silence between the two of them. What's in that coffee?

"You're still... alive then?" Tom said, adding more tension in the room.

Sebastian didn't even bother to say a word. He moved away from me and attempted to leave. Why is he here? I told him to never come near me and yet he saved me, again.

"Don't you dare walk away from us again!" Tom hissed.

"How are you going to stop me, kitty? Are you going to kill me?" Sebastian scoffed.

"Kill you?! That's a simple answer, I can't do that with my tiny paws but her? I almost did." Tom delivered it without batting an eye.

I thought he was being kind to me when he gave me that drink. It's poisoned and it almost took my life.

Sebastian laughed in a condescending manner. "Then do it. I don't care anymore."

They were talking about killing me like I'm not here. These creatures are belittling my value again.

"But you're here Sebastian. You saved me again. Why? I told you not to come near me, right? Then why are you here?"

I remember the things he said to me at the forest. I can still hear him say those hurtful words. I bet you enjoyed it that's why you can't say no. Those were enough to shut me down and looking at him just reminds me of my perpetrator. Sebastian moved away again. I grabbed his arm and he removed my hand right away.

"What about you? Why do you want me to stay? You can't think of anything, right? In fact you don't have an answer for that because deep down you're horrified of me. I am reminding you of your dead uncle. The very clear reason why I am created. You can't even look at me without thinking of how you stabbed him in the heart. He was mutilated so how did it became a self-defense? You probably don't remember this but I didn't even touched him, you did. You created me after he died because you were so desperate to get rid of his body. So you won't get blamed for what you did. You're hideous!"

I dropped on my knees and my mind went fuzzy. So I'm the sinner then? Can I rely on my memories? Am I bad person? I felt like I betrayed myself. Am I really the victim here? So why do I feel so vile on what I have done to him?

"I am so sick of being me. I don't want to live like this. I just want to be happy." I said.

"Quinn! Stand up and stop weeping! He's just manipulating you!" Tom yelled.

"No... he's telling the truth. Can you please make that poison again?" I pleaded.

"Agh! Both of you are despicable! I felt like I was trapped between you two. Sebastian, if you're blaming yourself for almost losing her to Callum then stop and think the other way. You finally have her. You've been searching for her, right? We even put an innocent life in danger just to help us find her. We didn't know that the person we're forcing to help us is the same person we're trying to find. It's not your fault. So stop being a kid and stay with her! You know what will happen if you don't, even if you have another contractee."

"Why is this a big deal for you, Tom? You're already on Earth and this is what you want, right?" Sebastian said to Tom.

"Isn't it obvious you doofus! Because you're my friend and she's your creator. We're the only ones you got," Tom replied.

Sebastian didn't talk for a second. What Tom said feels like a bowl of hot noodles after a long day in work. It feels so warm and I know Sebastian felt that too.

"Why are you so desperate of me coming back to you?" Sebastian asked me directly. I know it's painful to leave for him too. He said it tenderly yet in an agonizing way. He almost whispered it to me.

Truth be told, I don't have an answer for that. I want to lie but it would only prolong our sufferings. Now I know why he's trying to distance himself from me. We don't have any reason to be together anymore. His presence would only bring back memories of my tragic past.

"If we continue being together, I'll just keep on hurting you. Both of us know that I can't stay. A lot has changed. I've caused too much damage and I don't want you to get hurt again. I'm asking you to stay away from me forever. I remind you of him right? Then forget about me, again. Let's not remind ourselves of all the things that happened. Don't ever mention my name again or even think about me. This will be the last time that I'll come to you and it's a promise. I'm cutting ties with you, creator."

Chles said we were destined to meet again. Being destined to meet again doesn't mean we have to stay together until the end, right?

I just looked at him not knowing what to say. I want to tell him something but it felt like my mouth went numb. My tears are streaming down my face. It just keeps on flowing like there's no limit to it. My chest felt like I was stomped by a moving truck. It hurts to part ways like this.

Torment is evident on his eyes. Before he could show any tears in front of me he disappeared like a ghost. I could have said something to him or even lie just to make him stay but I can't see the reason why I have to. If we just keep on harming each other like this then I think it's the best for us to continue life on separate ways.

"Why didn't you say something?" Tom asked, in a low and sad voice. "It's just that he's waiting for you to say the right word for him to hold on to you. Don't you remember what I said earlier in the morning? You have to reconcile with everyone or everything that reminds you of all the things you want to be freed from. You're not granting yourself freedom, you're just running away from it. You complete each other. He's your shadow and will always be. If you can't accept your shadows then you're going to live in the dark for the rest of your life."

~The End~