Chapter Twenty-Two

"Is it unfair that all I want is to see her again so I can somehow feel complete?"

Sebastian asked in a sorrowful yet so calm manner. It felt like he wants to give up now.

We just arrived at Moonfall and it's surprisingly quiet. Sebastian doesn't have a clear plan. I know deeply he wants to wreck this whole place but he can't do that because the two most important persons in his life right now is here, Chles and Quinn. The witch who knows the identity of his creator and Quinn whose life is in danger because of him. Besides, there's a possibility that she might be Sebastian's creator.

"You will meet her, Sebastian. So stop whining and be radical. You need to stop Callum from getting what he wants, revenge. He clearly wants your head and he's playing with you right now. He took Quinn and it's also my fault because I'm useless. I'm the one who stayed beside her and I couldn't even do a thing. You promised to protect her so do it. At least do this for her as a means of apologizing for dragging her into all of these."

Sebastian didn't respond. I saw him looking from a distance. His eyes turned into the color of a freshly bloomed rose. There on the middle of all these tall trees is Callum standing with a huge smirk on his face. Mocking Sebastian's dilemma.

Before I can even say something to Sebastian, he ran towards Callum like a hungry wolf. In just a split second, someone appeared between them, it's Quinn but she seems not her usual self. Besides, since when did she became a fast runner?

I noticed blood dripping down from Sebastian's chest as he screamed in pain. Quinn is holding a dagger on her right hand. She has an emblem. Shit.

There are no ogres and witches around. So this is Callum's plan. He's using Quinn against Sebastian because he knows he can't hurt her. Sebastian's hunch was right, we should have secured Quinn more into a safer place. She was just standing looking like a lifeless doll, as if waiting for Callum's command. I came a little closer to them but far enough not to get their attention. Sebastian stood up with his right hand on his chest. Two more times and this is the end for him.

"Meet my lovely puppet! She's quite strong, right?" Callum laughed menacingly.

Quinn reached forward with both of her hands and grabbed Sebastian as she thrusts her knee into his stomach. Sebastian coughed and puked blood. He grabbed her by the leg and tossed her down. He's about to land a punch on her face but he hesitated.

"Why are you holding back Sebastian? Is she more important than your precious creator?" Callum asked looking like he's enjoying the show.

Quinn immediately took advantage of him. She quickly pressed the dagger into his chest. Sebastian was struggling to stop the dagger from piercing his chest by holding the blade. I can't imagine how painful it can be for him. He's literally halting the sharp object by his bare hands.

He is at disadvantage because she already stabbed her once. It's enough to make a demon feel weak. I am sure that Sebastian felt exhausted after that. A demon's weakness is his heart, that's all it matters. She was able to land the dagger into his heart for the second time due to Callum's strength. Sebastian yelled while he tried to put pressure on his chest to stop the blood from flowing. He promptly released black smoke around them. I was surprised that he can still fight back. He's losing a tremendous amount of blood and energy. I need to help him. The flute! I know it's nothing for Callum but I need to at least try. I have to find Chles.

The smoke had disappeared right away. I saw Sebastian kneeling down before Quinn and Callum. I feel like Callum is not planning to kill Sebastian at all. At least that's what I'm thinking because if he's trying to end him, he could have done it and he doesn't have to involve Quinn into this. He simply wants to make Sebastian suffer from the repercussions of whatever his choice will be. Whose going to get killed and whose going to live? If Quinn dies, Sebastian has to live with the burden that he killed an innocent human just so he can get what he wants. On the other hand, if Sebastian dies, he won't ever be reunited with his creator again.