Chapter Eight

They don't have a bathtub like the ones you can find on a typical human's house. Instead, they have a fancy bathhouse surrounded by fragrant flowers. Each bathhouse is divided by tall bamboos. I can hear someone taking a bath on the other side. There's no roof so you can tell what the weather is like. I thought it's night already but the glorifying sun is still out. Violet went somewhere to get my change of clothes.

I don't want to meddle with their business but their voices are too loud. I think they are not aware that I am here. They are talking about a girl named Violet. Could it be the Violet that I know? Someone with a high-pitched voice told the other one that they should leave her alone. They said she stopped talking with them ever since she landed on a higher rank on the palace.

Moments later their tones changed. Loud voices turned into whispers. I'm quite near to the bamboos that separates us so even if they are literally whispering to each other, I can still hear them slightly. I was about to move to the other bathhouse when the girl with a high-pitched voice said something that caught my attention.

"It doesn't matter whether she's close with the Queen because tomorrow there will be a new monarch."

"The revolt is set tomorrow. Are you coming?" Someone asked. "The new Queen promised a higher position for those who will be supporting her."

"Of course, I will make sure Lilith will be the next Queen," the girl with a high-pitched voice said.

Suddenly, Violet came in to give me a towel and a burnt-orange dress. The two girls from the other side probably heard her so they stopped talking. So it means they recognized Violet's voice and unaware that they are not alone. She's the Violet they are talking about and Violet doesn't seem to notice that her fake friends are here. I just thanked her and asked to be left alone when I dress up. I dried myself up and wrapped myself in the towel and went to a dressing room that I saw when I entered here.

I will pretend that I know nothing about the uprising until I find another information about it. There are rebels who are willing to dethrone Chles. It would be a huge distraction so I can make my escape. Sebastian is locked up somewhere and is heavily guarded so it means I can escape.

I took a deep breath to clear my thoughts. Wearing this made me look like I came straight out from a history book. This is how the girls are dressed in here. I think it just varies on the material used, the color, designs and patterns of the dress. It's the same cinched low in the waist with a decorative belt. I like how the sleeves are in a trumpet style. Their clothing is just impressive but still I don't want to get rid of my pajamas. So I brought it with me. I went outside to see Violet and the two other girls talking to her. Violet noticed me and the other girls looked at my direction. The girl from the left looked a lot like Violet. Same hair color and same gray eyes.

"Who is she?" The taller girl with a red hair. The one who said that she will make sure that a new queen will sit on the throne.

Violet grabbed my arm and we walked away from them. She's smaller than me yet much stronger. She's literally pulling me. We stopped as soon as she's sure they didn't follow us. She stares at me intensely and out of breath.

"They shouldn't have seen you."

She's agitated right now so obviously all I have to do is to apologize because I don't know what she can do to me if I made her angrier.

"I'm sorry." I said.

She took a deep breath and smoothened her black dress. "I'll escort you to your room."

Chles is already there waiting for me. I thought she doesn't feel well. My room is the simplest I've seen so far in this palace. A wooden bed with white pillows, no windows to scream help from, a black couch, a table with two chairs and a wardrobe. Chles noticed that I looked around the room. She's sitting comfortably on the couch. She seems... okay now compare on how she appeared earlier today.

"I didn't expect that those clothes will suit you. You look gorgeous, little girl." She said with a smile. The way she calls me little girl made me uneasy and I don't know why.

"I am also surprised how this dress looked good on me. I have never imagined myself wearing clothes like this before. I have to say that you have an excellent choice when it comes to what you wear."

She's now wearing a cobalt medieval dress with a black corset. This is much simpler than what she wore when we encountered her at that abandoned part of town.

"Oh I just have the best tailors in the universe. What are you doing there, come here and sit down beside me."

I was just standing for a minute because I don't know what to do. I just felt so awkward with her right now because I felt like she's about to ask me something I won't like. It's pretty obvious she's going to tell me what she needs from me. Going home without getting killed by one of them is still my top priority so I have no other choice but to play their games. If helping these creatures would mean that they will set me free after then I'll do whatever it takes.

"I want to apologize to you for scaring you in the forest and all those animals who pushed you too."

I don't want her apology. I just want to get the hell out of here as soon as possible.

"Yeah you scared me, big time," Enough with the chit-chats. I want to know why I am here. "Do you mind if I ask you something?"

She crossed her legs and put her right hand on top of her legs. I found myself admiring the glamorous rings on her finger. The simplest of all the rings on her hand but it's just so mesmerizing to look at.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I think that we should drop the formality because it's just the two of us now. I bet that's why you decided to talk here is because you don't want someone eavesdropping. Now, where are Sebastian and Tom?"

She smirked. "I think I underestimated you. Don't worry they are safe, trust me. Since you want to speed it up a bit, shall I proceed on stating the reason why you are here in the first place?"

I swallowed and said, "Yes, please."

"I am in dire need of blood. Specifically, a human blood. Don't worry I won't take every drop you have I just need some. So, would you do it?"

Would you do it? I feel like it's more of an order not a question. She's clearly a witch not a vampire so I assume that my blood is not for her. Where would she use it though? I badly want to ask her but I'm sure she's not going to tell me that easy.

"Even if I have to say no, you're still going to get my blood in every way possible right?"

"I'm afraid that you're correct."

I made up my mind and said, "Okay, I'll do it but in a few conditions."

"Tell me what your heart speaks," she smirked.

"I want Violet and the golem to accompany me for the rest of my stay here."

"Is that all?"

"Yes," I said.

"Why them specifically? You're fond of them already?"

The golem seems like the only one who doesn't have an ill intent on me.While Violet, I will try to extract more information about the rebellion happening tomorrow and use that as my opportunity to escape.

"I don't know. I just... like them, already."

"Consider it done." She stood up. "I'll see you later, Quinn."

How did she know my name? I don't remember mentioning it to her.

"One last thing, how long has it been since you and Sebastian abducted me?"

"Abducted... you're really funny. Well it's been two days."

Two days. I wish someone is looking for me but how will they know that I'm here. Will they believe me if I told them that this world exists? Is this even on Earth? I just don't feel safe with them. Even if Sebastian promised me that I'm out of harm's way as long as I'm with them, I still can't stop feeling anxious about everything. I don't know them personally and who knows they might just be toying with me. They might even kill me in the end. All these overwhelming thoughts are enough for me to feel exhausted. I closed my eyes and whispered, get me out of here please.

She will give the ring to Quinn