Chapter 18 - Absolution

After the Drowsing Demon had been defeated, you realized I.P. was falling from several hundred in the air.

Y/N: "I.P.!!!" 

You shot several webs to break I.P.'s fall and succeeded. You walked up to him cautiously when you saw he was unconscious. His suit was tattered and his mask had been disintegrated. You put your ear on his chest to hear a heartbeat and felt his neck for a pulse. Both came with a negative realization.

Y/N: "I.P...he's...gone." You shed a tear and fell on your knees in misery.

Just when you had lost all hope, you heard a cough.

I.P.: *cough, cough* "Ugh..my head..."

Y/N: "I.P.? Is that you?"

I.P.: "Y/N? I-I left the dance and felt empty. Then a tall and dark figure said he could give me happiness. Purpose. But I was a complete dolt!" He slammed the ground and winced in pain. "I thought I could control it but instead, it controlled me! Oh Y/N, how will I ever be able to look you in the face again?" He said sadly.

You extended your hand towards him and smiled.

Y/N: "You can. And you should look, right now."

I.P. looked up and wiped away his tears.

I.P.: "You forgive me? Even after all of the wrong I have caused?"

Y/N: "Yes I do. But 7 other girls will forgive you too."

I.P. hugged you and for the first time in years...smiled. He then saw Twilight and knelt before her.

I.P.: "Oh Princess Twilight Sparkle, take pity on me. I swear on the blood of my ancestors that I shall do whatever it takes to make things right. Anything you wish is my command." He said humbly.

Twilight Sparkle: "Well there is one thing you can do..."

I.P.: "Anything!"

Twilight Sparkle: "You must enroll at Canterlot High and relearn the magic of friendship."

I.P.: "Really? But I-I caused so much pain and disaster..."

Twilight Sparkle: "I'm offering you a second chance, but it's up to you what you do with it."

I.P. considered this before standing up.

I.P.: "I will take up your offer. Canterlot High will now become my school."

Everyone cheered and you gave him a one-arm hug.

Y/N: "You can stay at my place I.P. I'm sure my parents will understand once you explained what's happened to you. Of course, without the dark magic and me being Spider-Man." I.P. chuckled and exhaled.

I.P.: "And please, everyone calls me Paul from now on. The name I.P. was my past and this..." He gestured towards everyone. "...is my future." 

Pinkie Pie: "This calls for a group hug!" She said as she pulled everybody in. Spike hugged Twilight's leg and you scratched behind his ears.

Y/N: "Just don't ever change your name again...Paul. You've had like six!" Everyone laughed at your joke as you heard two familiar people approach the group.

Flash Sentry: "Spider-Man?! What happened to us?"

Trixie Lulamoon: "Trixie wants to know why she was so aggressive to everyone."

You coughed and deepened your voice to sound different.

Y/N: "These seven can explain the situation. I have to-uh, stop some other baddies! See ya later Canterlot High students!" You excused yourself and swung away to change.