Chapter 17 - The Main Event

You had just arrived at Canterlot High expecting a fight but only came across a saddened Sunset Shimmer. After telling her about your mission at Cyrstaller Square, she gasped.

Sunset Shimmer: "I haven't seen anyone that looks more suspicious than The Dazzlings and they have everyone other than The Rainbooms under their spell."

Y/N: "Hmmm. Two can play that game. Let's see what The Dazzlings will sing and maybe I.P. can reveal himself. As if on cue, the noise in the gym lowered and the lights turned off. You entered the gym and crawled on the wall behind the stage. "Turn on night vision." You told the AI in your mask. Once you have a clear view, you looked down and saw the sirens begin their song.

The Battle Of The Bands continued as bands started being eliminated one by one. Competitors started to argue and fueled the sirens' necklaces. While this happened, Twilight tried to create the counter-spell and The Rainbooms pointlessly argued. You tried to find any sign of Nightmare Spider and Sunset Shimmer silently watched the band argue and sighed.

Soon, it was down to the semifinals. The Dazzlings defeated Flash's band, Flash Drive, and meant they had advanced to the final. Flash angrily stormed off as Sunset Shimmer happily turned to The Rainbooms.

Sunset Shimmer: "This is it! If you win this round, you'll make it to the finals. Unless Twilight thinks the counter-spell is ready now?" Twilight looked nervous at Sunset's question but you put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Y/N: "If it isn't, you shouldn't be worried."

Applejack: "Precisely. Finals ain't til tonight. We'll get in a little more practice before we're supposed to hit the stage. We won't let ya down Twilight." Everyone nodded in agreement.

Twilight Sparkle: "You won't let me down..." She muttered sadly which you noticed.

Sunset Shimmer: "So Twi-"

Fluttershy: "Um, I was wondering. We haven't played any of my songs yet and-"

Rainbow Dash: "It's the semi-finals. We gotta do 'Awesome As I Wanna Be'."

Fluttershy: "Don't even know why I even asked..."

You put your arm around Fluttershy's shoulder and gave her a one-arm hug.

During your planning, Trixie and the Illusions finished performing on a stage and received praise from Principal Celestia. 

Principal Celestia: "Fantastic!" She cheered approvingly

Trixie approaches Rainbow Dash while her bandmates, Lavender Lace and Fuchsia Blush, left the stage.