Chapter 32 - Make The Magic A Part Of You

Time Skip

The sunset was on the horizon while nearly everyone was working on making paper lanterns. You are with Sunset, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow, and Applejack at one table while Paul sat at a table with Flash, Sandalwood, and Micro Chips. Sci-Twi and Spike were by themselves on the opposite side. 

Pinkie is placing a lot of marshmallows on her paper lantern which Rarity notices while a marshmallow comes off.

Rarity: "Um, Pinkie Pie, what are you doing?"

Pinkie Pie: "Putting marshmallows on my lantern! Then when we light them, mine will be beautiful and delicious!" She explained.

Y/N: 'Even though her lantern probably won't fly, I'll let her have her moment.' You thought as you looked at Sci-Twi and Spike. 'Why would Sci-Twi rather be alone than with her friends?'

Sunset Shimmer: "I wish Twilight would sit with the rest of us." She whispered to you. "But she thinks Midnight Sparkle is trying to control her."

Y/N: "I know. I saw when she first used her telekinesis." You whispered back.

Sunset Shimmer: "You did?!" She exclaimed quietly.

Y/N: "I know, I shouldn't have peeked in the tent but, I thought I heard something and I just didn't want you to get hurt. I care about you Sunny, a lot."

Sunset Shimmer: "I know, that's why I love you." She kissed you on the cheek and smiled. "But I can protect myself, especially now that I might get powers."

Y/N: "I know. But if you ever come face-to-face with an evil magical creature or a supervillain, I'll always be there for you. No matter what."

While she nuzzled her cheek against yours, Spike looks over at you and your friends before turning back at Sci-Twi.

Spike: "Hey Twilight? Why aren't you with everyone else?"

Sci-Twi: "Sunset said that something at the camp is causing the Y/N and the girls to get new magical abilities and I think it's Midnight Sparkle. She's still apart of me. I can feel it and I think her magic is infecting my friends!"

Spike: "What are we going to do?"

Sci-Twi: "I don't know what I can do."

Gloriosa Daisy: "Okay everyone! It's time to watch your lantern fly!" She announced.

Everyone got up and walks over to the docks with Sci-Twi looking a bit down. Timber suddenly approaches her with his lantern in hand.

Timber Spruce: "Hey, cool lantern! Mine's my face." He said as he showed his lantern which he has drawn his face on.

Sci-Twi gave him a fake chuckle before she sighed and walks away sadly, but Timber quickly caught up to her.

Timber Spruce: "Uh, are you okay?"

She nodded but looked sad.

Timber Spruce: "You just don't seem like yourself lately."

Sci-Twi and Timber arrived on the docks where everyone is and Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna lights Sci-Twi's lantern which makes her smile.

Gloriosa Daisy: "Ready? And...go!" She tells everyone and they let go of their lanterns, causing them to float into the night sky.

Everyone watches their lanterns go up in wonder and joy. However, Pinkie lifts her lantern into the air but because her lantern is weighed down by the sheer amount of marshmallows, it failed to elevate in the air and it fell onto the dock.

Pinkie Pie: "Aw! Oh well! Now I get to eat it!" She said and grabbed some of the marshmallows off of her lantern and ate them. "Yep, beautiful and delicious!"