Chapter 23 - It's The Friendship Games!

You walked out of the janitor's closet and pushed through the crowd to the front.

Paul noticed you and gasped. He rushed up to you and whispered.

Paul: "Y/N! Thank goodness you're ok!" He gave you a quick hug before straightening his shirt and scolding you."Where on EARTH have you been?! You can't just swing to stop a crime and not show up for 24 hours! Everyone's been worried sick and I've had come up with a million excuses! Can you please stop missing out on important events?!"

Y/N: "I'm sorry Paul, but there was this weird villain and I think he's going to attack at the Friendship Games."

Paul: "What do you mean?"

Before you could answer, the first event of the Friendship Games began.

Even though Sunset Shimmer lost to Twilight in the final part of the academic decathlon, your friends surrounded her onstage and celebrated.

Rainbow Dash: "That was awesome!"

Rarity: "Truly amazing!

Sunset Shimmer: "But we didn't win."

Applejack: "That was as close to winnin' as Canterlot's ever been." 

She said as she and the other girls cheer Sunset up.

Y/N: "I honestly couldn't do that advanced math. You're still as sweet and smart as the day I left." You commented which shocked everyone. 

The Rainbooms: "Y/N! You're BACK!" They exclaimed. Everyone hugged you and sighed in relief. 

Sunset blushed from your comment earlier before unexpectedly kicking you in the shin and glaring at you.

Y/N: "OW!"

Sunset Shimmer: "Where have you been?! You worried all of us! I almost thought you...you--"

Y/N: "While I deserved that, a weirdo wearing a fishbowl won't take me away from you. I'm really sorry, I promise to be 100% honest with you guys from here on out."

Applejack: "You Pinkie promise?" She winked at Pinkie at the end.

Y/N: "Stick a cupcake in my eye." You placed your palm over your left eye and grinned. You and Paul walked off the stage as Dean Cadance came on with Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet, and Indigo Zap.

Dean Cadance: "After a careful tally of the points, we'd like to present the students moving onto the Friendship Games' second events." She announced as a few people clapped for them.

Sci-Twi waved slightly in appreciation while the rest of her teammates didn't as Sunset and her friends cheered and the group hugged which Sci-Twi watches and sighs while her teammates left. She was about to join them when her device activated again and detected magic. 

Time Skip

After you explained what had happened with Mysterio and Pinkie Pie caught you up on the events you missed out on, you were hanging out by the Wondercolt statue with the Rainbooms. Sunset checked to see if the portal was operating again but when it didn't everyone decided to go their separate ways. But just as you were about to walk to the soccer field behind Rainbow Dash, you saw Fluttershy go behind some bushes in front of the school.

Y/N: 'Huh? I wonder what that's all about.' You thought as you moved a little closer but watched from afar.