chapter thirty-one

"Is that it?" I ask as Harry stares into a cloudy prophecy. He nods and picks it up, holding it carefully in his hands. "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches," the prophecy recites in a tired, raspy voice, "and the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal, but he shall have power the Dark Lord doesn't. For neither can live while the other survives..."

I look around at the group and I faintly see someone approaching from a distance. "Harry!" I exclaim, alerting him and the group. Wand lit, I make my way to the front of the group, Harry, Ron and Hermione stand at the front to, their wands also lit and raised. 

The hooded, masked figure continues to walk towards us. "Where's Sirius?" Harry asks. "You know, you really should learn how to tell the difference between dreams," the figure says and when they pull a wand from their cane, I know exactly who it is, even before they unmask themselves, "and reality."

"You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see," Lucius continues, "now hand me the prophecy." Harry scoffs slightly and says he'll smash it if Lucius tries anything. Then, a loud, sinister cackle is heard from behind Lucius and a woman with dark curls walks forward.

"He knows how to play! Itty, bitty, baby... Potter," she says, sneering at Harry. Neville gasps slightly. "Bellatrix Lestrange." The woman joins Lucius and continues sneering. "Neville Longbottom, is it? How's Mum and Dad?"

"Better, now that they're about to be avenged!" Neville says and he goes to lunge forward, but I stop him when Bellatrix pulls out her crooked wand, pointing it directly at the group. 

"Let's, everybody, just calm down," Lucius says, his eyes still focused on Harry, "all we want is that prophecy."

"Why did Voldemort need Harry to come and get it, then?" I ask, staring back at the Death Eaters. "You dare speak his name? You filthy little brat!" Bellatrix shouts, slinking back slightly as Lucius raises his wand. 

"Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made, which is lucky for you, really." I turn around to see more cloaked and masked Death Eaters surrounding the group. "Uh, Harry, you might want to speed this up a little," I whisper as I turn back around to face Bellatrix and Lucius. 

"Haven't you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord?" Lucius continues, moving forward slowly, Bellatrix lurking behind him. "He was unable to kill you when you were just an infant, don't you want to know the secret of your scar? All your answers are there, locked in your hand. All you have to do is give it to me. I can show you everything."

Death Eaters continue to close in on the group, making us squeeze tighter together. "I've waited fourteen years," Harry starts, but when I see his face grow more serious, I prepare myself to fire a spell, "guess I can wait a little longer, now!"

"STUPEFY!" Everyone exclaims, firing spells at the Death Eaters, most of whom just disappear. We all run and separate down the aisles of prophecies. I follow Harry, who's still clutching the prophecy in his hand. A Death Eater clutches onto Harry's arm, but I immediately push him away and yell, "Stupefy", sending him flying into a wall of prophecies.

We all meet in the middle and when we turn around to see another flying at us, Ginny pushes forward and shouts, "Reducto!" The Death Eater gets sent tumbling away, but then all the prophecies and shelves start crashing to the floor, sending glass everywhere.

"Get back to the door!" Harry yells. Everyone turns around and we all start running, following Harry who's at the front. We turn a corner and when we see the door, everyone runs through just to start falling towards the floor. But we all suddenly stop, just before hitting the ground and then we drop, landing on our fronts.

Slowly, we all stand up and look around us. "The voices," Harry says, making me look at him and when I follow his eyeline, I see he's staring at the large arch in the middle of the room. "Can you hear what they're saying?" He asks.

"There aren't any voices, Harry," Hermione says, "come on, let's get out of here." Luna walks towards the arch, saying that she can hear them as well. Harry then turns around, aims his wand upwards and tells everyone to get behind him.

Everyone does and we also raise our wands, just to have a large black matter swirl over all of us, making us scramble and push, trying to get through. Someone sharply grabs me and holds me up by my hair, pointing their wand at my neck.

Then, I see that everyone else - apart from Harry - is being held back by a Death Eater. Lucius walks forward, chuckling. "Did you actually believe, or where you actually naive enough to think that children could stand a chance against us?" Like earlier with Umbridge, I try to cover my scoff, luckily it goes undetected by the Death Eater holding me back.

"I'll make this simple for you, Potter," Lucius says, holding out his hand to Harry. "Give me the prophecy now or watch your friends die." Harry slowly looks around, as if he's actually thinking about this.

"Harry, don't you dare!" I shout. "Shut it!" Bellatrix - the Death Eater I now realise is holding me back - snaps, poking her wand harder into my neck. I push her back slightly, but she spins me around and slams me to the ground. As I look up, I see her smirk as she points her wand at me.

"Shall we give Potter an example of what we'll do if he says no?" She says as I sit up slightly, glaring at her. I turn to see Lucius nod, a dark scowl on his face and when I turn back to Bellatrix, she smirks.

"CRUCIO!"