chapter thirty-five

"Everyone got their wands from Ollivanders," Hermione says, a sad tone in her voice as we look at the shop, windows smashes and not a touch of light to be seen. "Let's go in and see," Harry responds as he walks up to the shop and opens the door. We all walk inside and look around at all the destruction. 

"Harry?" Ron asks, his eyes glaring at something out the window when I turn to look at him. "Is it me or do Draco and Mummy look like two people who don't want to be followed?" We all look outside the window and true enough, we see Draco and his mother, Narcissa, walk down an alleyway looking quite suspicious.

"Should we follow them?" Harry asks, looking at us all for approval. "I'd try to convince you not to, but we're still going to anyway, aren't we?" I add, getting a nod and a quick smirk from Harry. So, we head outside and start to follow them. 

We see them walk into a shop called Borgin and Burke just as we get to the end of the alleyway, so for some stupid reason... we all climb onto the roof to spy on them. 

"I really don't like this guys, why are we spying on them?" I ask as we get to the top, my hands gripping onto the tiles as tightly as I can. "They're really shady!" Ron exclaims, which makes me roll my eyes. When we look down through the glass windows, we all see Draco running his hands over a large, black cabinet.

"What is that?" Harry mumbles to himself, but we all quickly duck when someone appears, out of the blue. We go to look again to find no one there anymore. I sigh and we all climb off the roof, as quickly and carefully as we can, then we rush back to the joke shop to meet Ginny.

-

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asks, looking down the train as me and Ron leave our compartment. "He's probably already off," Ron replies, but I shake my head. "You guys get off, I'll check if he's anywhere and then I'll meet you guys for dinner." They both nod and leave, so I start checking every compartment through each House's section. 

He isn't in the Gryffindor, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw sections, so I enter the Slytherin section to see Draco walking up towards me, his eyes focused on the ground. "Hey Draco," I say, making his eyes snap up at me and a small smile appear on his face. 

"Aurora, it's been a while," he says, his voice velvety and calm. I nod my head and then ask him if he's seen Harry. "I haven't, but let's talk a little, shall we?" He asks, which makes me chuckle slightly. "We can talk at dinner perhaps, but I need to find Harry," I reply as I go to walk past him, but he sharply grabs my arm and stops me. I turn around, confused, to see him smirking. 

"Well, I didn't really mean talking," he says before he leans in sharply and kisses me, his kissing fast and rough. I push him off immediately, shock flowing through my body and my hands cover my mouth. Draco's eyes fall slightly and he opens his mouth to say something, but doesn't and storms away. 

For a moment, I just stand there in the middle of the train corridor, really confused and shocked. "What... just... happened?" I whisper to myself as I bring myself to move, opening the nearby door to at first see nothing, but when I trip over something - or someone - I know where Harry is.

Quickly, I pull off the Invisibility Cloak and see Harry, bleeding from his nose and completely frozen. I pull my wand out and exclaim, "Renervate!" Harry's eyes flutter and slowly his energy comes back to him. My wand is quickly put away again and I help him to stand up, some blood dripping onto my sleeve.

"Draco did this, didn't he?" I ask, getting a nod from Harry, which then provokes me to ask him how he ended up in the Slytherin section of the express. "It doesn't matter, let's just head back to the castle."

I nod my head, sighing, and we head off the train and towards the castle. We head through a large gate and when Professor Flitwick spots us, he sighs in relief. "I've been looking all over for you two. Right, names?" He asks which makes me chuckle. 

"Professor Flitwick, you've known me for five years," Harry replies, confusion in his voice. "No exceptions, Potter," Flitwick says, staring at a sheet of parchment. That's when I see some people beside a large pile of trunks and boxes. 

"Professor, who are they?" I ask, making Flitwick look up. "Aurors... security," he replies. I look over to see Filch arguing with Draco over a cane or walking stick, but then Snape appears and vouches for the blonde haired boy. Then, both him and Snape look over at me and Potter, Draco obviously having to make a cheeky joke towards Harry.

Once they've disappeared, I pull my wand out again and take Harry's hand in my spare. "If you want, I can fix your nose for you, it's a little... busted," I say, chuckling slightly. "Have you ever fixed a nose before?" He asks, to which I nod.

"Mmhm, Cedric... wasn't the most careful person in the household, so I've become quite good at healing broken parts of the body," I say, solemnly smiling at the distant memories. Harry smiles and looks up slightly, ready for the spell. 

"This will hurt a little," I say, raising my wand at his nose. "Episkey!" Harry grunts loudly as his nose snaps back into it's normal place, slightly more blood dripping from his nose. "There, perfect," I smile, satisfied with my handiwork. Harry chuckles and we walk back up to the castle, knowing we'll have to change into our robes sharpish so we don't completely miss dinner.

Then again, the kitchen elves took pity on me after the Tournament two years ago, so they might be able to provide us with some food.