Chapter One: Jax

Disclaimer: If I owned 'Sons of Anarchy' Jax wouldn't be six feet under right now. That show belongs to the FX network. I also do not own General Hospital. That one belongs to ABC/Disney. If I owned the show, Sonny would be with either Alexis or Emily... and, you know, Emily wouldn't be dead. Why do all my favorite characters have to freakin' die?!

Author's Note: This story is a crossover fic. 'Sons of Anarchy' fans, you really don't have to know a damn thing about 'General Hospital' seeing as I screwed with timelines and backstories anyway. 'General Hospital' fans... you're going to be really confused if you've never seen 'Sons of Anarchy'. Also to GH fans, the Jax in this story is NOT your Jax. This is Jackson "Jax" Teller, not Jasper "Jax" Jacks. Got it? Awesome!

Author's Note II: This story is a bit alternate universe. Tara never came back to town and Wendy's been out of the picture since Abel was born.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."

- J.K. Rowling, 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'

She was the first thing Jax noticed when he walked in the door of the diner. The cute, petite new waitress standing at the counter.

"Hey, ma, who's the new girl?" He nodded in the brunette's direction as they took a seat in their usual booth by the window.

"Her name's Kristina Davis," Gemma absently replied as she opened her menu. "Sweet girl. Doesn't seem like the one-night type so unless you're looking for an old lady, I wouldn't go there."

"What makes you think I'd want to?" Jax replied dismissively. If there was one thing he hated, it was when his mother meddled in his life.

"I'm your mother, dumbass," Gemma snorted. "You haven't taken your eyes off the girl since you walked in."

Said topic of conversation walked up to their booth and gave Gemma a friendly smile. "Good morning, Mrs. Morrow."

"I told you to call me Gemma," the older woman admonished lightly as she closed her menu. "Kristina, this is my son, Jackson."

"It's nice to meet you, Jackson." The young woman turned her pretty smile on him.

"People around here call me Jax, sweetheart." He winked at her and she blushed.

"Well, Jax, what can I get you this morning?" Kristina was obviously nervous now and Jax found it kinda cute.

"Steak and eggs, rare, with a cup of coffee." He made sure to brush her hand with his as he handed her his menu.

"Gem... Gemma, what about for you?" Kristina stuttered a bit as she turned to his mother.

"Oatmeal with a side of strawberries and an orange juice." Gemma glared at her son as she handed back her menu. Once Kristina had walked away to put in their orders, she snapped at her son, "what the hell did I just tell you?"

Jax shrugged before leaning back against the booth. "Maybe I'm looking for an old lady."

Jax hung around after his mom had taken off and approached Kristina where she was working at the cash register.

"What can I do for you, Jax?" She looked up and nervously smiled at him.

"Any chance I could get your number, sweetheart?" He leaned against the counter and gave her a flirtatious smile.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Jax." Kristina shook her head and gave a nervous chuckle.

Jax was not in a good fucking mood as he stomped up to his bike. He didn't even notice his mom leaning against the driver's side door of her car, parked right next to it.

"I take it that didn't go well?" She looked at him over the rim of her sunglasses and smirked.

Jax simply glared at her before hopping on his bike and riding off.