Chapter Twenty-Three: Kristina

"Yeah, Molly, that would be great. Are you sure you don't mind flying all the way out here for that long?" Jax was late getting home so after putting Abel to bed, Kristina had called her younger sister to finalize some plans. She was nearing the home stretch of her pregnancy and the doctor was worried about her elevated blood pressure. Bed rest was a real possibility in the near future. Jax had a job and the club to worry about and Gemma had enough on her plate with Clay so Molly was flying in to stay and help out.

"It gets me the hell out of Port Charles with a good excuse to your dad," Molly laughed. "I'm happy to do it. Listen, I have to run but I'll see you on Saturday night."

Kristina was just hanging up the phone when Jax entered the front door, his dad's manuscript clutched in one hand. "Hey, princess," he leaned down to kiss her before sitting beside her. "That my mom?" He nodded at her cell phone.

"No, Molly. She'll be here on Saturday." Kristina shook her head. "Why would your mom be calling me this late?"

Jax huffed and threw the manuscript on the coffee table. "Because she was fucking arrested a few hours ago."

"What?! Why?"

"This croweater from Nevada showed up and ma found out Clay hit it. Think it was the last straw. Ma grabbed a kid's skateboard outside the pharmacy and bashed the bitch's face in." Jax ran a hand over his face.

Kristina knew that Gemma wasn't someone you fucked with but she'd never heard of or seen her mother-in-law do anything this crazy before. "Holy shit. Why hasn't anyone bailed her out yet?"

"She won't let anyone!" Jax huffed again. Kristina could tell that he wanted a cigarette but he wouldn't light up in the house. "When Clay tried, she told him she needed time to rethink her life choices. When I tried, she said she wanted a night away from Clay. Tig tried to bail her out and she gave him the finger. I was hoping that maybe she would call you. Either way, she's out tomorrow because the croweater isn't pressing charges. That woman has lost her fucking mind."

"Can you blame her? She just found out her husband murdered the love of her life and the father of her children," Kristina reasoned. "Of course she's out of her fucking mind. I would be too if I were in her shoes."

Jax chuckled and wrapped his arm around her. "You know, we gotta start watching what we say or else Tommy Boy's first word is going be 'fuck.'"

"Would you please stop calling our son that," Kristina whined. "It makes me think of the Chris Farley movie."

Jax laughed and rubbed her now massive belly. "Too bad, it makes me think of my baby boy...and the baby girl you're gonna give me after him."

"We'll call her Tommy Girl and then we can have our own fragrance line," Kristina snarked in reply.

"No," Jax leaned over and started nuzzling her neck. "I was thinking of naming her Lexie for your mom."

Kristina was not going to cry. It was just the hormones. She could keep it together no matter how sweet her husband was to her. Shit. She was crying.

Jax pulled back when he noticed she was silently sobbing. "Happy tears aided by hormones?" He was obviously growing used to this behavior.

Kristina nodded. "I love you so much," she happily wept.

Jax chuckled and pulled her back into his arms. "I love you too, princess."