Chapter Thirteen: Gemma

"Alright, what am I getting, a granddaughter or another grandson?" Gemma asked as soon as Jax entered the clubhouse with Kristina at his side. Her son had his arm possessively around his fiancee's waist. Well, that was new and Gemma was pleased with the development. Regardless of her uses to SAMCRO, Gemma had grown very fond of Kristina. The mafia princess was a much better match for Jax than either Tara or Wendy had been. Growing up the way she had, Kristina understood, to an extent, what it meant to be an old lady. Kristina understood family and loyalty and, so long as Jax didn't keep her in the dark or try and control her, she wasn't likely to cut and run when times got tough. She wasn't even twenty-one yet but she had already stood by her father, a man she currently hated, through three murder and RICO trials. Yes, Kristina was the perfect old lady for her son.

"Ma, meet Thomas Michael Teller." Jax slapped an ultrasound photo on the bar in front of her.

"Another boy," Gemma said as she picked up the ultrasound photo. "And named for your little brother." She got a bit choked up thinking of the son she had lost.

"Thomas Michael?"

Gemma had almost forgotten that she had brought Carly to the clubhouse with her that afternoon. She didn't think she could have handled another moment alone with the ditzy mob moll so she had brought her to meet the club. This way there were people around to keep her from killing the woman... or help her hide the body if all else failed.

Kristina turned to her stepmom and gave her a kind smile. "Of course. We wanted to honor the uncles he'll never get to meet."

Gemma turned to look at Carly in surprise, now understanding her reaction to the name. "You lost a son too."

It wasn't a question but Carly nodded anyway. "Michael was barely thirteen," the Barbie Doll looking woman confirmed.

Gemma reached behind the bar and grabbed three shot glasses, a bottle of Jack Daniels, and a can of ginger ale. She passed the soda to Kristina before filling the shot glasses to the rim. Keeping one for herself, she gave one to Jax before setting the final glass in front of Carly. "I think we need to have a toast to the newest Corinthos-Teller." In Gemma's world, sharing a drink with someone was the equivalent of waving the white flag and calling a truce. No matter how different two people were, nothing bonded them like knowing the pain of having a child who would never grow old or even grow up. She raised her glass. "To Thomas Michael."

"May he live a long and healthy life," Carly finished for her.

They all threw back their shots/sip of ginger ale before Jax suddenly slammed his glass down and jumped up onto the bar. "I'm having another boy!" he called out to the rest of the club.

It was Opie, Chibs, and Tig who lead the cheers and whistles.

"Another son!" Clay called out as Juice made his way behind the bar with Half-Sack to grab the bottle of Jack and some more shot glasses for yet another toast to the new life.

"Just like his daddy!" Gemma couldn't miss the happy smile on Kristina's face right before Jax jumped off the bar, pulled her to him and kissed her like they weren't surrounded by a clubhouse full SAMCRO members and prospects. Realizing that her son was genuinely in love with Kristina and that Kristina would actually be proud if little Thomas grew up to be a SAMCRO member just like Jax, Gemma knew that the mob princess had been exactly what the doctor ordered for her beloved son.