Chapter Twelve: Kristina

Kristina was... happily confused. Yep, that was the best way of putting it. She was happy that it seemed like Jax actually wanted a real relationship but she was confused by what had brought about the change. They had known each other for two months and other than the first time he had hit on her when he didn't know she was pregnant, he hadn't shown a lick of interest.

"Are you two ready to know the sex of the baby?" Dr. McConnell asked as the middle-aged woman ran the ultrasound wand over her slightly rounded belly.

Jax reached over from the stool he was sitting on beside her. "What are we having, Doc?" he asked as he took her hand.

"It's a little boy," Dr. McConnell smiled.

Kristina turned to look at her fiance. He had a small little smile on his face that made her heart swell with what she was starting to suspect was love. "Abel's getting a little brother." He was looking at her with a tender look in his eye.

"Thomas Michael," she smiled before she remembered what he had told her about his little brother. "If that's still okay?"

Jax nodded and squeezed her hand. "Yeah, it's still cool, babe. He'll be named for both of his uncles."

"So, do you two want a few pictures of Baby Boy Davis?" Dr. McConnell asked even though she was already printing them out.

"Baby Boy Teller," Jax was quick to correct her in a tone of voice that left no room for argument.

"I'll make sure the baby's last name gets changed in the file." Dr. McConnell handed Jax the ultrasound photos before wiping the jelly from her stomach and beating a hasty retreat from the exam room.

"Nice going, honey, you scared the doctor," Kristina said as she sat up on the exam table. "Can you hand me my clothes please?"

Jax handed her the requested items with a smirk on his face. "Everyone's scared of me, babe, get used to it." He walked up the exam table and, moving between her thighs, he leaned down and kissed her slowly. "Did you just call me 'honey'?" he asked with that same arrogant sexy smirk still firmly in place.

Kristina blushed. That pet name had just kind of slipped out. "Sorry," she mumbled, her eyes suddenly finding her lap incredibly interesting.

"Hey, don't be getting all shy on me now, sweetheart." Jax lightly grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him. "You're my old lady. You can call me whatever you want... within reason and out of earshot of the club." Using the hold he still had on her chin, he coaxed her closer so he could softly kiss her again. Kristina was really getting used to all of this affection and it scared her a little. She didn't want to get burned again.

"Jax?" she asked against his lips when they parted.

"What, babe?" There was a huskiness to his voice now.

"Can you turn around while I get dressed?" She wasn't ready for him to see her unclothed.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

"Fuck!" Jax made a big production out of slowly turning around and crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm gonna have to get a Playboy subscription," he muttered.

"I heard that, asshole," Kristina laughed as she pulled her t-shirt over her head.

"You were meant to, princess," Jax was laughing when he replied.

As odd as it sounds, that was the exact moment that she knew she was in love with Jax.