Chapter Sixteen: Kristina

Disclaimer: Any true SOA fan knows that Jax's wedding vows were taken from Opie's in season four. I don't own those hilarious words of genius.

"How do I look?" Kristina turned away from the full-length mirror and turned to look at her stepmom and almost mother-in-law. Gemma had somehow found the time to turn two of the dorm rooms in the clubhouse into dressing rooms for the day. Carly hadn't been thrilled at the idea of a clubhouse wedding but she had conceded that it fit the bride and groom's personalities perfectly.

"Gorgeous," Gemma smiled at her before moving to attach her veil.

"Like a woman her mother would be very proud of," Carly actually looked like she had tears in her eyes.

"I wish her and Michael were here." Just as the words left her mouth, a loud clap of thunder came from outside right before the heavens opened up and a loud downpour began.

Carly smiled. "Do you remember that song we played at Michael's memorial service?"

"'Holes in the Floor of Heaven'," Kristina nodded as her own eyes clouded up. The song talked about how the rain was really the tears of people's loved ones in heaven, falling when they were looking down on them.

Carly lifted a manicured finger and pointed out the window. "They are here and that's them. Little Thomas too," she said with a warm look in Gemma's direction. "They wouldn't miss this."

"Okay," Gemma waved a hand in front of her face. "Enough of that, ladies, or we'll ruin the makeup."

"Can I get a minute alone with Kristina?" Sonny poked his head into the room after knocking on the doorframe.

"I need to go and check on your sisters." Carly kissed her cheek before departing.

"Do NOT upset her today," Gemma warned Sonny before leaving the room herself.

"Please, tell me my groom is still alive." Kristina eyed her father wearily.

"Last I checked," Sonny nodded. "Although his buddies did appear to be trying to kill him with alcohol when I left last night."

Kristina laughed. Yeah, that sounded about right. "What do you want, Daddy?" she asked, sobering up.

"To tell you that I'm proud of the woman you've become," Sonny told her sincerely. "You found someone you love and who loves you back... and isn't afraid to show it. The guys around here love you, the other women respect you. Jax told me you've taken to your role as Abel's mom like a natural and I know you'll be just as good a mom to Thomas. Everything I've failed at in life, you and Jax are doing right. I couldn't be prouder of you, querida."

Damn him! No matter what she did or how angry she was, Kristina simply couldn't bring herself to not love her father. She hated herself for it but his words meant the world to her. What child didn't secretly crave their parents' approval? "Thank you, Daddy," she gave him a watery smile.

"Do you think you'll ever be able to forgive me for what happened to your brother?" Sonny stuffed his hands into the pockets of his tux. "Michael was my son. I loved him too. If I could turn back time and take it all back, I would."

"I can try," Kristina finally gave in a little. "How about we start with you giving me away?"

"I'd be honored, sweetheart," Sonny smiled and held out his elbow for her.

"I promise to treat you as good as my leather and ride you as much as my Harley."

Kristina blushed and giggled. She couldn't believe Jax had the guts to say that in front of her father but she also knew that he wouldn't be the man she loved if he didn't slip something like that into his vows. She'd said 'I do' when prompted but when it came time for Jax's response, he had again gone the non-traditional route.

"Do you, Jackson Nathaniel Teller take Kristina Adela Corinthos-Davis to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Hell yeah!" Jax had damn near shouted.

"You may now ki –"

Jax didn't even give the priest time to finished his sentence before pulling her in for a kiss that elicited catcalls and whistles from the men of SAMCRO and a death glare from her father. When they finally came up for air, Jax leaned and whispered into her ear, "I love you, Kristina Teller."