Chapter Twenty-Five: Jax

Jax knew that Juice always stopped and checked in at his weed shop before heading to work at the garage. That's where he met up with him.

"Jax? What are you doing here? I thought you were staying away from bud until Kristina had the baby and could toke too."

"I'm not lookin' for weed, dude," Jax shook his head and leaned against his bike. "I needed to talk to you away from the others."

Juice walked to his own bike and straddled it. "What's up, Jax?"

"I sponsored you to prospect for SAMCRO. Does that mean I have your loyalty – even over Clay?" He eyed the younger man.

"Always, man." Juice didn't hesitate to respond exactly how Jax expected him to.

"I need you to do a job for me...and no one can about it except for you and me."

"Name it."

"I want you to get your hands on the call logs for Clay's home, cell, and burner phones," Jax instructed.

"Any numbers I need to be on the lookout for," Juice asked as he strapped on his helmet.

"Tara's phone number in Chicago and any of the big west coast players. Mayans, One-Niners, Devil's Disciples, Bloods...I wanna know if he's talking to any of them."

"How far back do you want me to go?" Juice seemed very interested. "You gonna take it to the table if I find something?"

Jax nodded. "I'll take it to the table and to my father-in-law. Go back to when Kristina first came to town."

"My vote's with you, Jax." Juice started his bike. "I'll let you know if I find anything," he shouted over the roar of the bike's engine.

*****
Almost two weeks later, Jax had been enjoying a rare weekend alone with his bride when Juice text his burner phone.

*** Found something. Meet me @ shop 2morrow. 7 AM. ***

Jax had thrown his phone back on the nightstand and cuddled back up to his sleeping wife. As he lay there, his hands resting on her swollen stomach, he noticed that it felt like her stomach muscles kept tensing and relaxing. The third time it happened, Kristina awoke, groaning and clutching her stomach.

"Shit this hurts," Kristina panted at the same time that the bed grew noticeably wetter.

Jax wasn't an idiot. Knowing Kristina was in labor, he hurriedly jumped out of bed and began getting them both ready to get to the hospital. Juice would have to wait.