chapter five

~♛~

~♛~

gracie's pov:

"hey, do you think i could use jason blossom's death as an excuse to get out of phys-ed?" jughead asked, approaching archie and i at his locker. "sorry, coach, i'm just too depressed and freaked out right now to do pull-ups."

"don't joke about jason blossom." archie said.

"sardonic humour is just our way of relation to the world." 

"oh, look. it's the rich kids from the goonies." jug looked at reggie mantle and his posse who were strolling down the hall towards us. "alright, i'm out."

"ditto." i nodded, following my brother.

"watch it, addams family." reggie sneered, barging right into jughead.

"seriously? eat a dick, reggie." i flipped him off, rolling my eyes at his immaturity.

~♛~

during free period, i was sat in the lounge with betty and kevin, talking about last night, when we were once again interrupted by the pa. 

"good morning students. this is principal weatherbee speaking. there have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep-rally. so let me state clearly... it is happening as scheduled. now, on a less felicitous note... if you could please give your attention to sheriff keller."

kevin's dad's voice came through the pa: "most of you already know the details, but your classmate jason blossom's body was found late saturday night. now as of the weekend, jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. it is an open and on-going investigation."

"and may i interject?" came another voice. a voice i knew far too well. cheryl blossom's. "neither, i, nor my parents will rest until jason's death is avenged. and this cold-hearted killer is walking the green mile to sit in ol' sparky and fry. i, for one, have my suspicions. hashtag 'riverdale strong'." cheryl finished speaking and the sheriff came back onto the speaker.

"if you know anything that could help us find and apprehend jason's killer, or anything about what happened to him on july 4th... i strongly urge you to come forward immediately. you can speak with me or principal weatherbee. a death like this wounds us all. let's not let jason down."

"seriously? a kid died and we're having a pep-rally? i know you north-siders are all for school spirit but this is just— strange." i frowned, looking at my friends.

~♛~

"we were wondering, cheryl... back in july, you told the po-po that jason frowned." ginger said, turning around to cheryl from her table.