chapter fourteen

~♛~

~♛~

gracie's pov:

"why are they doing this?" kevin asked, as we watched cheryl and moose make out in the middle of the dance circle.

"they're agents of chaos, kevin. they don't need a reason." veronica said. "but if i had to guess... payback."

i squeezed my cup firmly, as i watched moose practically suck cheryl's face off. the red-head turned to me and grinned, noticing my jealousy.

if i had to guess...
it was to make me jealous.
well, cherry— two can play at that game.

~♛~

"what is that serpent doing at a highschool kegger?" veronica asked kevin, as fp walked off with joaquin.

"are you serious, veronica, you don't know? that's gracie and jughead's dad."

"really?" veronica asked in disbelief.

"yeah." kevin nodded.

"and the plot thickens..."

"ronnie!" i called, grabbing the girl by her wrist and pulling her away. "i've been looking all over for you. come dance with me." i downed the rest of my beer, before discarding the red solo cup on the floor.

veronica obliged, following me to the dance circle; right next to cheryl and moose.

she wrapped her arms around my neck, her eyes scanning my face for emotion. our hips swayed together to the beat of the music and i could practically feel cheryl's icy cold glare at us. it was perfect.
"kiss me." i said.
veronica easily obliged, putting her lips to mine hungrily. there were others dancing around us, but none of them really noticed or cared— considering most of them were either drunk out of their minds, or looking for a place to do the exact same thing— except cheryl.
cheryl was fuming.
my hand snaked down ronnie's back, just resting above her ass.

cheryl's eye daggers got sharper and she huffed, turning off the music. "listen up, party
people!" veronica and i pulled away from eachother. "everyone has their secrets. and we've all done our fair share of sinning— that's one thing my brother's death has revealed. so let's play a little game to get those secrets out in the open."

~♛~

"what the hell is secrets and sins?" jug frowned.

"it's a variation of truth or dare, in which we own our truths— by telling it like it is." cheryl explained.

"it's basically truth or truth." i added.