chapter fifteen

~♛~

~♛~

"so... mary and fred? possibly rekindling their relationship?" jug said, as the three friends sat around in archie's room.

"that would've been little archie's pipe dream." he chuckled.

"stranger things have happened. like for instance... my dad shaved." gracie said.

"which is the equivalent to the tectonic plates shifting." jughead added. "we were thinking... maybe it's time for cee and i to go back and live with him again."

"based on the fact he shaved?" archie asked.

"well, he hasn't missed a day of work— and he quit drinking."

"well, that's great— but, maybe you should wait a little longer to see if it sticks." the red-headed boy advised.

"no, arch— i'm telling you— i mean he even asked to read my work. the essays, the articles i wrote about jason blossom."

"your dad did?" archie frowned.

"yeah. and he read them. even more surprisingly, he asked us questions about them."

"what kind of questions?"

"who we thought did it."

"your dad asked you who you thought killed jason?"

"are you just gonna repeat everything he's saying because it's getting really annoying, arch." gracie said, looking up from her phone.

"crap—" archie leapt up out of the sheets. "my mom... she likes almond milk in her coffee and we don't have any, so i'm gonna go get some."

i rolled my eyes. "you are a terrible liar, archibald. probably off to a late night rendezvous with who-knows-who."

~♛~

"been a long time since i ate something that didn't come in a a combo meal or a snack pack." fp chuckled, after alice placed a plate of food in front of him. it was the night of the homecoming dance and ms cooper had invited the jones' round for dinner.

"so... fp." alice began. "betty tells me you're working for fred andrews now." dad nodded.
"how do you balance that with your other responsibilities?"

"you mean being a father?"

"and a part of the southside community." she corrected.
gracie narrowed her eyes, stopping her eating.