chapter twelve

~♛~

~♛~

gracie's pov:

"jughead, gracie, you guys can talk to me about anything. i don't get why you didn't tell me your dad was in the serpen—"

"we were ashamed. but he's our dad, arch."

"i get it. i do." archie nodded, putting down his guitar onto his bed, which he had been letting me stay in for the time being, while he slept on the couch downstairs. "is that where you have been? at that 'whyte wyrm' place?" he asked me.

i nodded. "i was— visiting some friends." i tried to change the subject. "and jug told me everything that happened with andrews construction. is there anything i can do to help?"

"pray for a miracle.
and gracie?" he asked.

"yeah?"

"you're not planning on joining the serpents are you?"

~♛~

11:23 pm
—————————————————————
cherry bomb🍒💄

hey cheryl
i'm sorry
i couldn't be there for u the other day
tbh there's a reason

what i want to know is the reason why ur texting me at this hour?

i can explain everything
i just need someone to talk to about all of this

what ab the sad breakfast club?

they can't know
please cher?

fine.
i'll open my window
but don't call me cher.
u haven't earned that title back.

yet
[SEEN]

~♛~

"get in and shut the hell up." cheryl whispered sharply, helping me through her window. "my ghoulish parents are asleep, and i'd like to keep it that way. and i especially don't want them seeing you here, you know, after—"

"alright. i got it, cher." i nodded, softly stepping onto the deep red carpet.

"now, what do you want?" she asked with candour.

i flopped onto her bed. "about the other day...i really did want to help you. i promise. it's just... right now, i'm—"

"well, spit it out—"