chapter twenty-four

~♛~

~♛~

gracie's pov:

[https:/riverdaleregister.com]

the riverdale register
article publisher: alice cooper

the statement below was sent to my residence this morning,
confirmed by the police department to be written by 'the black hood'.

'this is the black hood. i am the man who shot the adulterer at pop's.
i killed the child predator in greendale.
i shot the drug and sex-addicted teenagers at lovers' lane.
riverdale is not innocent.
it's a town of hypocrites, degenerates and criminals.

my wrath is the price of your lies, your secrets, your sins.

i will not stop.
i cannot be stopped. 
i am the wolf. you are the flock.

this is the blood-letting.
you will hear from me again.'

~♛~

i coughed, inhaling lots of dust from the cardboard boxes.
jughead swept open to curtains. "well, it's no new york times." we peered around the office for the red and black.

"but, hey, kudos on finding your safe space, snowflake." toni shrugged, dusting off the table.

"yeah, all i need now is a photographer with an amazing eye and a hunger for social justice. and i'll be set."
toni smiled at him, as he was describing her.

"alright, break up the love-fest, toni's mine." i joked, putting my arm around my pink-haired best friend.

"topaz. let's bounce." sweetpea said, entering the room with a bunch of the other teenage serpents. "joneses, wanna come with?" he crossed his bulky arms. "we're going to the quarry."

i was about to agree, but jug spoke first. with sarcasm. "uh, i don't have my beach bod, yet."

"what? you'll ask for help from the serpents but you won't hang out with us? don't come crawling back to us hat in hand, when some ghoulie decides to earn his stripes by taking out fp jones' kid."

"duly noted, thanks, sweetpea. i appreciate what you and the serpents have done for me, gracie and my dad. i do. but i'm done, okay? no more favours coming your way."

sweetpea rolled his eyes. "let's motor. gracie, you comin'?"

i looked back at jughead and then back at him and toni. "i think i'll pass right now, sugarsnap." i nodded, a nickname for his nickname. "another time."
although i wanted to hang out with my friends, i would feel bad for leaving jug behind. especially since i had already left him at lunch.
sweetpea nodded, not wanting to start an argument with me.