chapter thirty-one

~♛~

~♛~

gracie's pov:

"welcome to what i humbly like to call, 'lodge lodge'." veronica smiled, as we walked into the chalet.

my mouth gaped open. wow.
i huffed, the weight from carrying my own and cheryl's bags getting the best of me. "ronnie, mind showing me the rooms?"

she nodded. "yours and cheryl's room is at the end of the corridor to the left..." she trailed off.

"jughead." cheryl said, asking to speak to him and pulling him aside. "i just wanted to make sure you knew..." she lowered her voice. "that archie and betty kissed in front of my house, and it seemed pretty serious— like, with tongues, serious. that's all." she smiled, feigning innocence after blatantly trying to cause drama.

"are you guys okay?" betty asked, approaching the unusually paired conversers.

"cheryl said that you and archie kissed in front of her house." jughead frowned.

betty didn't know what to say, but she finally spoke up— instead of offering an explanation, throwing her third cousin under the bus.
"what she failed to say was that she and archie also kissed."

this time, it was my turn to frown. "what?"

~♛~

the blossom girl came into our room for the weekend, shutting the door behind her.

"do you want the top or bottom drawer?" i said, not looking up.

"gracie, can we please talk about this?"

i shrugged. "i'm not mad about the kiss. i mean, why would i be? technically, we aren't even really together."

"then why have you almost ripped the drawer-handle from its axis?"

i fumbled with the knob, trying to screw it back on in a haste. "i'm fine." i grunted.

"it was ages ago." she explained. "at the dinner after the maple drop. i was upset, and vulnerable, and jj's murderer still hadn't been caught, and i—"

"i'm a better kisser than him, though, right?"

~♛~

"is everything okay?" veronica asked, as betty, jughead, cheryl and i all walked back into the lounge.

i nodded, chewing on the inside of my lip.