chapter ten

~♛~

~♛~

gracie's pov:

the door opened to the janitor's closet that jughead and i had been staying in.
at first, i thought it was jug, coming back from his shower in the boy's locker room; but instead, it was archie, peeking his head through the door frame.

"gracie?" he frowned. he looked around at our sleeping bags and clothes. "how long?— how long have you guys been living here?"

i sighed and got up from the floor, slipping on my sneakers and getting out of the janitors closet, where jughead was waiting, leaning against the wall. "well, since the drive-in closed down. that's where we were living before." he explained.

"why the hell are you not living at home?" archie asked.

"the truth is... thing aren't good at home."

"with your dad?"

"yeah." i sighed, rubbing my forehead. "he kinda fell off the wagon... after your dad fired him— to tell the truth... he hasn't had a job since. he keeps promising that he's gonna get his act together but... mom couldn't take that rollercoaster anymore. so she grabbed jellybean and went to live in toledo."

"come on, guys. why didn't you tell me?" archie asked, and we shrugged. "what about your grandma?"

"gracelyn jones the second is in las vegas, spending her 'retirement fund'."

"and where does your dad think you are?"

"he thinks we're couch-surfing." jug answered.

"well, screw that! come and live with me—"

"this whole thing is temporary, arch. jug and i are going to figure something out. just— don't tell anybody." i pleaded.

"we're fine." jug nodded.

~♛~

3:57 pm
—————————————————————
archie🥕🏈

hey
i talked to my dad
ab you and jug and your situation
he's willing to give ur dad a second chance with his job at andrews construction
but only if he wants it
he said he'll call him but
i think you and jug should talk to him too

thanks arch
we appreciate it
really

no problem gracie

~♛~

jug and i trudged into sunnyside trailer park, soon reaching dad's busted up trailer.
unsurprisingly, the door was unlocked and we closed it behind us.